Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How many miles have you got when brake wear light comes on?

jhrfc

Spa-Francorchamps
Sod's law, I arrived in France yesterday and today the wear light comes on (yes I know I should have checked before I left)
Would they last 2000 miles until I get back, or will I have to arrange to get them replace on my trip. Which will be a pain. A further complication is I know I will need new disks as well really.
J

Re: How many miles have you got when brake wear light comes

jhrfc said:
Sod's law, I arrived in France yesterday and today the wear light comes on (yes I know I should have checked before I left)
Would they last 2000 miles until I get back, or will I have to arrange to get them replace on my trip. Which will be a pain. A further complication is I know I will need new disks as well really.
J

Depends how you use them and where. Lots of fast driving on mountain roads and think you'd struggle, easy driving with wifey brakes sat next to you, then not an issue

Personally if the light has just come on Id not be be too bothered unless your racing full tilt up and over the Pyrenees. I'm assuming there is no grinding being heard. If so they need changing sooner rather than later but even then I'd nurse her home as is. :thumb:

Hi,

You have about 5 mm of pad left before you go metal to metal. I've attached a couple of pics so you can gauge the pad and the sensor, hope it helps. I would say as long as you don't brake like Lewis Hamilton you should be OK for 2000 miles. :thumb:

ATB :)

Note: The pads when new are 17 mm thick including the plate which is about 3 mm.

Attachments

• old_front_brake_pad_157.jpg
    old_front_brake_pad_157.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 1,524
  • wear_sensor_102.jpg
    wear_sensor_102.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,524
Thanks very much all. I will have a look.
About half the miles will be motorway.
The rest are d roads, but not driving like a lunatic.
Cheers
J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back