Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In its glory

I like all the pics I've seen of the narrow bodied car but that wide bum looks strange when combined with such a short overhang.

The Autocar rendering of the front looks too deep and flat compared to the test mule photos. I really hope it's just a bad guess on their part.

The car looks great from most angles. :thumb:

Rear end lower details a little fussy though.

DRZ911 said:
The car looks great from most angles. :thumb:

Rear end lower details a little fussy though.

I see you bought a GT3 - not tempted to hold out for a 992? I can see the attraction of probably what is the last of the NA's...

acamp76144 said:
I see you bought a GT3 - not tempted to hold out for a 992? I can see the attraction of probably what is the last of the NA's...
Andrew, I think the current leaked photos of the 992 show it has has the potential to be both an elegant and technology-endowed interpretation of the 911 marque.

However, since getting my first 911 about 6 years ago, I've been trying to work out what I really want out of a 911. Having driven a number of other Porsche models with all the latest hi-tech gizmos and touch screens, I have ruled that out as a motivator to move to a 992. The 992 body is certainly elegant, apart from an apparently fussy rear end and an over-crowded front end, and may well turn out to be an absolutely gorgeous 911 when all the camouflage is totally removed, but again, not enough of a motivator for me to go for a 992.

So why go down the 991.2 GT3 route ahead of the 992?
For me, it has the quintessential ingredients that I am seeking in a 911 - rawness, directness, sheer presence, brutality, communicativeness and has the ability to be both a daily drive and a weekend car. Possibly even last of its kind in respect of existing engine technology. In reality, it has delivered and exceeded all my expectations, and I just can't stop smiling. :lol:

Am in no doubt the 992 will be an excellent car, but I have already found my nirvana in the current GT3. :cloud9:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back