Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Banger-nomics?

Now that's cheap motoring^. I get it, and I admire it, but I've already had years of motoring in crap cars, to which I have now become - much like PopPop - allergic. And I'm really not interested in wombling about in comfortable old Mercs barges or Volvos or what-have-you. It's no fun if you can't have some fun... :dont know:

Hence, this is my other car, and what's more, it comes with it's own fun little community (we're back at the track in a week or so):

Attachments

• 33750305_1807591935928555_4310537493045837824_n_677.jpg
    33750305_1807591935928555_4310537493045837824_n_677.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 2,617
Great thread - I love pistonheads 'shed of the week'. £1000 buys a lot of car these days......

GMG said:
..might buy a car tent for the winter though as don't think it will benefit from being Sat out in the rain..

In the past I have had a similar dilemma......it's obvious that leaving a car outside without driving it much wont do it a lot of good..... however I was always concerned that a car-tent could get caught by a gust of wind and picked up and dumped on the car (am imagining the tent-poles contacting the bodywork). Also suspect they may trap in the moisture and have a lot of condensation, so it may do more harm than good? (unless you can buy one that has climate control - I have only seen indoor versions of this, for use in storage buildings)

Moisture is the main issue. A tent will help to an extent but as you say some sort of carcoon is best. Don't get a cover, they cause paint issues and mirco blisters in paint.
The brakes seem to take the biggest hit with corrosion and pitting. IMO if your laying it up over winter period it has to be indoors out of the weather.

I also agree that if you can get a fun car to drive, doesn't necessarily need to be boring to be cheap.

98' A8. Alu chassis, alu body. 2.8 FWD 181 left on uk roads apparently. Wafts past moderns.

:bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back