Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What would you buy? (75k budget)

2015 was the announcement and debut of the turbo'd Carreras. Could be some on late 15 plates but anything 2016 onwards.

With the other cars you are considering...I'd suggest the 4s is the most likely fit as the engine has much more character through the exhausts, but the 997 turbo is a brilliant car with bonkers performance and drivability. 997 will depreciate less if that's a consideration.

The introduction of the 991 saw a significant increase in price over the 997, hence why this budget is a turbo vs 4S comparison between the models.

Good luck with the search.

I've recently bought a 4S fantastic car, definitely recommend one.

Sorry for crap pic.

wildej said:

Sorry for crap pic.

Do you mind me asking more info? Year, model, price etc as that is the exact look and colour combo I want.

997.2 turbo

If I had have 75k it would be 997.2 turbo or GT4.

I was 25k light so had to go for 997.1 turbo not sure the gen 2 is worth the extra 25k, I have to put up with a manual & not PDK which is a shame but there you go.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hamster75 said:
I would buy a 997.2 GTS

My budget recently was a little less than 75k and I too opted for the 997.2 GTS.

fantastic car, and looks a better shape then a 991 imo

irdan87 said:
wildej said:

Sorry for crap pic.

Do you mind me asking more info? Year, model, price etc as that is the exact look and colour combo I want.

Sure mine's a 2013 63 plate Carrera 4S.
Done 18k miles paid 65k for it.
Nice spec with ducktail and aero front bumper, chrono, sports plus seats, glass roof, sports exhaust, pdk.
Only thing it's really missing is Bose but the sound plus system isn't too bad to be honest.

Had a Turbo before this which only lasted a few months as just couldn't bond with it.

Good luck with the search.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back