Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Central Locking Problem

Robert SausageTrousers

Hi all, my car's developed a problem with the CL, it started by not always working on the fob but it would work fine when locking the car manually, but in the last couple of days the car won't lock, it gives two beeps every time I try regardless of with the fob or manually and unlocks itself. Sometimes I can get the drivers door to lock, but when checking the passenger side it's unlocked.

I've replaced the battery on the key, and the problem is the same with both keys.

I've checked all doors are closed properly, as I can remember in my 996 if the centre cubby holder was open it would do the same thing, but from what I can see there's nothing in the interior of the 997 that would give the same result?

Any ideas?

EDIT - It's also double beeping when I pull off, when the doors normally lock, which is pretty embarrassing!

Sounds likely to be alarm module related, but best to get codes read.
Much less faffing changing stuff.
Good indie will sort the codes and then you decide what to do.

Robert SausageTrousers said:
EDIT - It's also double beeping when I pull off, when the doors normally lock, which is pretty embarrassing!

When it happens, just wave out the window so it looks like you there's someone you know.

As said get in there are have it read, although I took my car for diagnosis first as I was going to fix it myself with the results but they started taking door panels off and charging labour before even plugging in. Their excuse was their system wasn't working! £600 later and I will never return to that particular Indy in Long Eaton.

More than likely a fault with the drivers door lock .. i would start by haveing the fault codes read and a look at the actual values for the locks on a tester with it closed and locked.

My guess is its not going into secure mode .. double locking as we used to say :)

There is no switch on the consol cubby on a 997 .. only a 996 .

Thanks for the responses, I was kinda hoping there'd be an easy fix :( Unfortunatley no indy's or OPC for miles and I need use of the car daily so this could become a ballache!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back