Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unbalanced Exhaust Tips

gtb5

Just noticed the right tip is protruted more than left side and there are no signs of damage on the tips upon close inspection so might be a factory defect. Wondering how much work needs to be done at the dealer to correct this and anyone has similar condition.

Attachments

• exhaust_tips_193.jpg
    exhaust_tips_193.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 2,465
Looks a bit 'tipsy' to me :drink:

:schater:

:weed:

The tips are attached to the pipes via a relatively simple collar, should be pretty straightforward to unclamp the right tip and see if it isn't pushed onto the pipe quite as far as the left. If it is, then the misalignment must be coming from somewhere else on the exhaust or engine mounting.

In theory it's a 2 min job. In reality it will require so many tools and wd40, heat and God knows what else to shift them. My experience with exhaust says so. I hope it's the first for your sake.

Looks like my car's really a Friday production, not only they installed 718 shifter but this also. See what they say early next year when I go for service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back