Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Phil 997 said:
Chris ,That knob was a long time coming , good to see you finally got the Knob from your mate :wink: :grin: looks even better than in the pics before you brought it . should cause some knob envy ,and your already planning to have Wicked fiddle with it, what can I say :thumb: :thumb: :floor: :floor:
Cheers phill, it's absolutely mint I can't see a surface scratch or mark at all👍 Not sure about the red but I now have a spare so could mess, I think whicked have a minimum charge of about £70 plus vat so might be a bit expensive and I love as is, definitely a big improvement and you don't see them for sale too often. :thumb:

nikos525 said:
silvermilnec said:
Porsche carbon tip knob :hand: don't go there Phil :floor:

My mate picked it up for me state side last October, he just got home to Yorkshire and dropped it in today. Extra bonus he won't take the money for it, what a great guy :thumb:

Just deliberating on having whicked change the grey plastic surround to red to match my other red bits :?:

Anyway well worth the wait I think.

That looks top notch & I love the little Porsche emblem hidden away, cool!
More food for thought!
Cheers mate, the emblem was one of the ones off e**y for the key fobs😂

silvermilnec said:
nikos525 said:
silvermilnec said:
Porsche carbon tip knob :hand: don't go there Phil :floor:

My mate picked it up for me state side last October, he just got home to Yorkshire and dropped it in today. Extra bonus he won't take the money for it, what a great guy :thumb:

Just deliberating on having whicked change the grey plastic surround to red to match my other red bits :?:

Anyway well worth the wait I think.

That looks top notch & I love the little Porsche emblem hidden away, cool!
More food for thought!
Cheers mate, the emblem was one of the ones off e**y for the key fobs😂

Ah that explains things , I looked at it and thought mmmm dont remember a nice little crest on my old tip knob , always thought they looked good on the 996 and was something missing off the 997 knob. phew thought I was losing my marbles for a minute :grin: :grin: nice little sublte mod Chris and one I had nothing to do with and cant be blamed for . :floor: :floor:

silvermilnec said:
Phil 997 said:
Chris ,That knob was a long time coming , good to see you finally got the Knob from your mate :wink: :grin: looks even better than in the pics before you brought it . should cause some knob envy ,and your already planning to have Wicked fiddle with it, what can I say :thumb: :thumb: :floor: :floor:
Cheers phill, it's absolutely mint I can't see a surface scratch or mark at all👍 Not sure about the red but I now have a spare so could mess, I think whicked have a minimum charge of about £70 plus vat so might be a bit expensive and I love as is, definitely a big improvement and you don't see them for sale too often. :thumb:

they do mate its £80 I think I would leave it alone for now unless your OCD kicks in :grin: :grin:

Picked up a set of sport classics for the Turbo just need to get the lowering springs fitted that are lying in the garage.

Attachments

• 20180817_114554_152.jpg
    20180817_114554_152.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 4,035
  • 20180817_134854_551.jpg
    20180817_134854_551.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 4,035
Liking those Sport Classics !

Just had LN Engineering ceramic IMS bearing fitted so hopefully now got peace of mind!

Had to wait for ages due to work commitments but finally took delivery of my Top Gear full system:

Manifolds (+ titanium studs from PPBB)
200 cell cats
Switchable boxes
Carbon tips

Now for the fitting which has been left to my local Indy. Really looking forward to the final result. :thumbs:

A massive thank you goes to Alex at Top Gear who has been outstanding throughout. Fantastic customer service with a superb product to boot.

Well happy! :worship: :D

Attachments

• img_4348_195.jpg
    img_4348_195.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3,614
Apart from the items in the next paragraphs, I didn't buy anything but I did fit the ScangaugeII to the OBDII port to see what might be happening, and I added a tank of V Power. Again. I don't think I want to come to this thread anymore as every time, there's something new to add to the mod list. Although red seatbelts will probably clash with my sea blue interior.

Actually, I did buy myself a nice Porsche Club Finland jacket in red (man maths: it was cold at the track), and a nice PCF sticker which runs along the top of the rear window: red over black. Hard to photo as it's 3x100cm (ish). Sticker mods.

As it's the end of the season, the track stickers got transferred to my 'track box'. Marvellous invention. Mine is one of IKEA's finest plastic boxes with a lid, which is a perfect fit in the 'froot' and it keeps your gear from getting wet at the track.

Thanks to Phil997 with the heads up with a link to these beauties, been after these since porsche began the 911.... got em cheap with a good deal for £400 and i can wait to fit em... anyway pix below..

Cheers!!

J

Attachments

• 20180906_144815_131.jpg
    20180906_144815_131.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,736
  • 20180906_144920_181.jpg
    20180906_144920_181.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,736
Ah they arrived , nice one Jimi welcome to the X97 club :grin: your friends and family will all want to touch your knob as soon as you show it to them. :floor: and I bet you find yourself fiddling with it when your driving :floor: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Ah they arrived , nice one Jimi welcome to the X97 club :grin: your friends and family will all want to touch your knob as soon as you show it to them. :floor: and I bet you find yourself fiddling with it when your driving :floor: :thumb:

Cheers phil :thumb: , im officially in the X97 club, feel honoured! Theres was a que outside me door earlier, was charging a 10'er to feel my knob, ... feedback was satisfying :grin: :grin: :grin:

Cheers again mate :thumb:

J

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:

Cheers phil :thumb: , im officially in the X97 club, feel honoured! Theres was a que outside me door earlier, was charging a 10'er to feel my knob, ... feedback was satisfying :grin: :grin: :grin:

Cheers again mate :thumb:

J

:floor: :floor: :floor: nice one mate :thumb: dont forget pics when their fitted :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back