Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bought a Boxster Black edition

James M-S said:
Very nice! Welcome along, I think the wheels look better without the Silver rim.

Roof embossing? Eh?

Attachments

• 2e424e0d_f030_4687_b35d_6bee14617be7_103.jpeg
    2e424e0d_f030_4687_b35d_6bee14617be7_103.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 6,627
Re: Steering

ghoshd said:
On a rather inquisitive note,

is there anyone in or around London town, I would like him or her to give a view on the feel of the steering, specially does it feel a touch too stiff or am I just being paranoid.

Invested time will be repaid with Beer.

Very nice car!

Whereabouts are you? I've got a 'sensitive butt' or so the missus says and have driven a few of these.

Oh, for the record on the Lotus rota wheels the silver lip often causes problems and starts corroding. You're better off without! :thumb:

Hooning around in a Boxster on a hot summers day takes some beating, very nice looking car , enjoy.

Congrats on your new purchase Ghoshd.

I have just come back from a trip to North Wales and although the weather was not that good and it was pretty damn cold I did a lot of driving with the roof down and heater on but funnily enough didn't feel the need for turning on the heated seats which on the second setting are too hot but great for keeping a take away warm ....... :)

Re: Steering

DerbyJim said:
ghoshd said:
On a rather inquisitive note,

is there anyone in or around London town, I would like him or her to give a view on the feel of the steering, specially does it feel a touch too stiff or am I just being paranoid.

Invested time will be repaid with Beer.

Very nice car!

Whereabouts are you? I've got a 'sensitive butt' or so the missus says and have driven a few of these.

Oh, for the record on the Lotus rota wheels the silver lip often causes problems and starts corroding. You're better off without! :thumb:

Shad Thames , tower bridge

Welcome ghoshd, I like the Black Edition cars, one of the guys down this area had a Black Edition Boxster I really like the sudtle touches on them :thumb: :thumb:

Nice car - the Black Edition is awesome, comes with extra 10hp (320hp) and Spyder wheels - these were the lightest 19" rims porsche made at the time... they should be black (standard is 'alloy' on Spyder, black was an option) but as mentioned should have alloy edges on the rim... I think the Black Edition is the last proper drivers' car with hydraulic power steering and the original boxster floor pan/wheel base, more powerful naturally aspirated 6 cylinder engine and with the pdk box a real saucy race car to drive. Your steering will feel heavy compared to other cars, the wheel will feel 'alive' tugging and pulling over bumps/undulations in the road so I wouldn't worry about it, just enjoy learning it!! BTW try fast down changes on the hoof by hard blipping the throtle on over run - the gearbox will automatically downshift without need to touch the paddles!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back