Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fluorescent green liquid

iceboy

Nurburgring
Hi All,

With work and family and the other cars I have, I don't get to drive the 996 Turbo S much.

Please don't shout but I may have done 500 miles this year.

Anyway, over the weekend, it got real use, a mix of motorways, towns, country road etc.

It go the obligatory WOT in one or two safe situations, just to make sure things are working correctly :lol:

So when I got back on the Saturday, I noticed the front passenger wheel arch-liner had fluorescent green liquid on it......am I right in thinking this is aircon fluid ? The fluid was at the front side of the wheel, I guess behind the rads....nothing else was visible.

the A/C works fine although, now thinking about it, it may have been a little whinny.

IceBoy

Could be coolant. Looks pink in the bottle but green on the floor.

I'd say coolant. Have a look at the expansion tank. There may be a split, or maybe you have a corroded pipe...

That's what happened to me recently. It was coolant from a pinhole leak in the radiator. Check expansion tank, might be lower than you expected :D

Sounds to me like its most likely air con fluid.

Had a leak on mine when i first bought the car, was a fluorescent green puddle behind the drivers seat at the joint. Needed new seals

If in the left wheel arch it might be left condenser has burst/split. Have you had the air con running ?? mine only started coming out after turning it on after never being used for a while.

Have a look in through the front bumper with a torch and see if there seems to be any signs of leakage/damage or wet patch on the condenser.

Thanks All,

I will check when I'm back home in a few days.

IceBoy

Coolant may be green or pink but you will struggle to noice the colour when it drips out .

Engine oil brown to black.

Bright green .. a/c dye .

dark green .. pentosin .. power steering or on a turbo then clutch as well.

Clear water .. a/c draining off.

Tip leak .. red or light grey depending on the box fitted.

I would advise Against tasting any of these to figure out what it is .

Given the propensity for condenser leaks I would spend a few quid on a UV torch and goggles and have a look around with that if you aren't sure. The A/C dye will light up brightly if there is any present.

MC

deMort said:
Coolant may be green or pink but you will struggle to noice the colour when it drips out .

Engine oil brown to black.

Bright green .. a/c dye .

dark green .. pentosin .. power steering or on a turbo then clutch as well.

Clear water .. a/c draining off.

Tip leak .. red or light grey depending on the box fitted.

I would advise Against tasting any of these to figure out what it is .

Don't forget washer fluid - mine was dripping blue liquid from in front of the front n/s wheel. I assumed it was coolant and bought 2 new rads. When I had the front PU off it was obvious the headlamp washer was leaking. Washer fluid comes in all sorts of colours! (I replaced the rads anyway...)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahab
Back