Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ignition coil technical help required.

RXP.

Hey guys.

Hope you are well.

Long story short. Drove the car to bnq. Returned to the car to find it sputtering on start up which then instantly died.

Plugged in a cheapo code reader which came up with all 6 injectors and 2 coil packs out. Cylinders 1 and 4.

I took this to be a coil pack failure so began removing and replacing them all.

Started on passenger side the 2 closest to the front of the car were easy but the one at the back was completely seized.

Turns out it had completely burnt out and fused to the ignition lead connector.

Is there anyway I can I buy or source just a connector that I could solder on to the lead and fit onto the new coil pack?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

For reference the coil packs were OEM Porsche :nooo:

Kind regards

RXP. said:
Hey guys.

Hope you are well.

Long story short. Drove the car to bnq. Returned to the car to find it sputtering on start up which then instantly died.

Plugged in a cheapo code reader which came up with all 6 injectors and 2 coil packs out. Cylinders 1 and 4.

I took this to be a coil pack failure so began removing and replacing them all.

Started on passenger side the 2 closest to the front of the car were easy but the one at the back was completely seized.

Turns out it had completely burnt out and fused to the ignition lead connector.

Is there anyway I can I buy or source just a connector that I could solder on to the lead and fit onto the new coil pack?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

For reference the coil packs were OEM Porsche :nooo:

Kind regards

I had exactly the same problem! Burned out coil pack that shorted out! The error codes indicated a short in the injector circuit that initially led me to think it was something injector related. Had lots of help from Dermot to diagnose :thumb:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1390585&highlight=#1390585

Mine failed in a different way, had been running perfectly the all of a sudden began to run very roughly, no power then just died and wouldn't start!

Interesting this has happened with OEM coil packs, I had Surefire so called 'high performance' items fitted!

Hey Rob.

I haven't seen anything like this before really. I am somewhat stumped. I mean I can understand why it would happen but I wasn't expecting it to happen. Especially with OEM components.

But hey, this is where we are right now.

I have some pictures I will post up tomorrow.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back