Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 mk1 bumper on 996.1 NB C2

911Tip

Hi

I have a cracked front bumper on my early 2001 C2 NB tiptronic S.

An OEM bumper is 996.504.311.07 or I think GT3 mk1 996.505.980.03 G2

Is the GT3 bumper a straight swap?

What would it look like without the GT3 skirts or GT3 back bumper?

Thanks!

Yep, it's a straight swap using all the same fixings and fixing points.

How would it look without side skirts? Weird. :grin:

Looks too front heavy. Just my opinion but you need to stay minimal standard spec, or go all in with bumper and skirts. Rear wing a little less essential but something is still needed really, whether it be ducktail, aerokit wing, etc.

It's all personal though so don't let me put you off. :thumb:

Marky911 said:
Yep, it's a straight swap using all the same fixings and fixing points.

How would it look without side skirts? Weird. :grin:

Looks too front heavy. Just my opinion but you need to stay minimal standard spec, or go all in with bumper and skirts. Rear wing a little less essential but something is still needed really, whether it be ducktail, aerokit wing, etc.

It's all personal though so don't let me put you off. :thumb:

Aha thanks for this. Don't think I'm ready to do the skirts and tail at the same time so probably will keep stock.

Will see what they can do with the existing bumper. Looks like a previous paint job on this was done over existing wax at the side (!) so it will all need a strip down and repaint. I'm not sure when it gets cost effective to replace and paint vs repair and paint.

911Tip said:
Hi

I have a cracked front bumper on my early 2001 C2 NB tiptronic S.

An OEM bumper is 996.504.311.07 or I think GT3 mk1 996.505.980.03 G2

Is the GT3 bumper a straight swap?

What would it look like without the GT3 skirts or GT3 back bumper?

Thanks!

if its a used GT3.1 bumper I would be interested - I'm looking for a spare to have RS grills in one.

Feel free to PM me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back