Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DINSLAKEN 2019. Pics start on p27

Phil 997

I know, I know bloody hell Phil how early shall we start thinking about this lol.

I was just toying with next years trip to the Dinslaken Porsche Show as I have been for the past two years with a group of guys and girls from 911uk. Normally what happens between now and xmas is several itineries form and guys join whichever group they like the idea of and then we all meet at the tryp hotel the evening before the show have some laughs a meal and all go to the show the next morning . There are 2000 ish Porsches at the show making it one of the biggest Porsche events in the world , the past two years the whole trip has been fun having a laugh and catch up with old 911uk members and meeting new 911uk members.

As the show is always on a German bank holiday 1st May the day of the week changes each year enabling us to plan different itineraries and take in new sights.
This year the show falls on a Wednesday ,so I was thinking about a Monday to Thursday trip and was toying with this itinerary

Monday . meet other members enroute or at the tunnel around 10am drive to Stuttgart . have a meal at the famous Christophorus Resturant (this is only an idea and if there's another preference to eat at then we can look at that option). stay in hotel TBC. 8hr drive from calais with coffee stops.

Tues , Visit the Porsche museum and maybe a factory tour if time and availability allows us to do both. early afternoon drive to the tryp hotel in Oberhousen arrive for about 5.30 to meet the other 911uk members arriving from the other ittineries or on their own ,its approx 4hrs drive .

Wed, Attend the show then( mid afternoon drive to the classic remise in Dusseldorf as its so worth a visit and only 20mins from the hotel), return to the tryp hotel for another evening of merriment with 911uk members who dont have to return to the UK Wed.

Thursday
breakfast .f(ollowed by a drive to the classic remise in Dusseldorf as its so worth a visit and only 20mins from the hotel) then head back to the tunnel 5 hrs with a coffee stop or two. get something like a 16.00 train and all head our seperate ways after a coffee in the tunnel services in the UK.

The classic remise visit is an option to do on the wed afternoon or the thurs morning, we can confirm which closer to the time as its open early until late.So I have added it in both but it will be only on one unless of course you want to go twice in which case your free to do that lol.

If this itinerary looks interesting to any of you let me know and if enough interest I will ask Longers from FASTTRACK tours to take over the organisation and booking of hotel, tours ,show tickets etc etc. as they did a great job organising and booking the itinerary I was on in 2017 .

Anyone noting interest now , you are not commiting to anything, just saying your interesed and we know that work and life commitments mean some may drop out before the final bookings are made ,and others may jump in at the very last minute .

Here's the pics etc from the 2018 trip .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=127591&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Looking forward to another great trip in 2019.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :grin: :grin:

It's been a couple of years since I was last there so 2019 could a goer for me in conjunction with something else that I might be planning ....... :)

madalaa said:
It's been a couple of years since I was last there so 2019 could a goer for me in conjunction with something else that I might be planning ....... :)

If it involves the V8 hotel I'm in. :thumb:

Interested as have not done dinslaken

Did most of the suggested trip last month.
- hotel v8 at motor world has a version of classic remise on site with cars all over reception at checkin. plus a load of high end dealerships on site and a beer Keller. Underground secure parking. Museum is taxiable from the hotel or 20 min drive inc a nice long tunnel.
- Christophus is great and has top floor open access to the museum which means photos without tourists.
- museum and factory share the roundabout so you can do both is the same day easily.
- car parks under the porsche museum and the v8 hotel is worth the trip alone :thumb:
- we did Calais to Stuttgart through France with a tag doofer. Made it easily in time for beers before dinner despite a lot of traffic around Stuttgart. Would advise 2 drivers depending upon distance to the shuttle uk side. Belgium/Germany route is about the same time but we needed predictable arrival time for dinner with friends.

Hope this helps, others have been more times than me though....

Phil, will you have a working Porsche by May 2019...?

benbuhagiar said:
Phil, will you have a working Porsche by May 2019...?

:floor: :floor: :floor: Bloody hope so mate , otherwise this one get relagated to the garage to become someones barn find in 30 years and I will get one that works :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Definitely up for this again next year Phil.

Not sure if it's possible or even if there would be enough interest but I'd personally love a full on morning/afternoon going around Spa in anger, the 2 'guided laps' served only to wet the appetite this year.

I understand this may cause a bit of conflict with those wishing to take the coveted 'sound off' trophy at the show, (mentioning no names 'Batman') 😂

I'd like to think I can get to this and make a rather decent road trip out of it.

Wozzers,, I am in, cant wait

Tryp booked - - - - just joshin.

Not long until 1st MAY = tick tock,,,,

How many days until... 240 days
How many weeks until... 34 weeks
How many months until... 7 months
How many hours until... 5760 hours
How many minutes until... 345600 minutes
How many seconds until... 20736000 seconds

I've never been on a road trip,would be a great if i could come along please.
:thumb:

gibbs63 said:
I've never been on a road trip,would be a great if i could come along please.
:thumb:

Your more than welcome, as the two or three itineraries start to form just decide which group you like the idea of and add your name to that group. each group should have a coordinator to arrange meet points etc and Fastrack tours will sort the finer details for any of the groups that would like them to. They did a great job in 2018 for those of us in the Spa-Dinslaken group . :thumb:

m119cars said:
Definitely up for this again next year Phil.

Not sure if it's possible or even if there would be enough interest but I'd personally love a full on morning/afternoon going around Spa in anger, the 2 'guided laps' served only to wet the appetite this year.

I understand this may cause a bit of conflict with those wishing to take the coveted 'sound off' trophy at the show, (mentioning no names 'Batman') 😂

I am sure there will be a Spa group again this year or you could travel Sunday do Spa on the monday and join the rest of the Stuttgart group in Stuttgart on the tues evening ready for the resturant :thumb: :thumb:

If your planning Spa just make sure you stuff a couple of water melons up Phil's exhaust to keep the db's down!
I would go again just for the Spa trip, as they say round here it was 'mint'.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back