Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 996.2 C2 Rebuild

Cars looking great :thumb:

I am also pondering over suspension options, good to read your positive review of the Koni's, I was unaware that the Special Active's were suitable for lowering springs, that gives me another option :thumbs:

jezgreen911 said:
Cars looking great :thumb:

I am also pondering over suspension options, good to read your positive review of the Koni's, I was unaware that the Special Active's were suitable for lowering springs, that gives me another option :thumbs:

I think they do but only for M030 or less i.e. a 10-15mm drop from std.

Im going the yellow TA ones as Ive found them very good in other cars.

25mm drop is aok from standard with the new FSDs. Once the car was properly aligned and setup it is magical. I used a race shop to do corner balancing plus alignment

Looking for a carbon ducktail and a C4s front bumper if anyone knows of something suitable

blanc said:
25mm drop is aok from standard with the new FSDs. Once the car was properly aligned and setup it is magical. I used a race shop to do corner balancing plus alignment

I've been looking at the 996 VOGTLAND springs and they give a 30mm drop over standard suspension according to their brochure.
I also thought that you could only corner balance a car with adjustable ride height adjustable coil overs which I didn't think the Koni's were.

I stand by to be corrected.

The Konis are adjustable, they have to be done when off the car. I use adjustable drop links to help setup the car. It took a full afternoon to properly setup the car.

Does anyone here have experience using a bigger throttle body and plenum on the 3.6? I would appreciate any feedback.

Minimal change on its own. Will change the drive of the car on the road and may make it worse

You will need to sort the cats as well as get a Remap to get the most of it and to have better flow

Some new parts to be installed over the winter.

Carbon GT3 bumper and Carbon Ducktail
New shifter with upgraded bushings
New pads
Upgraded Sway bars
3rd rad and low temp thermostat and new water pump and belt
Eibach adjustable front control arms
LSD

As I said before "Blimey there's not much left of the original car left after all this work!!" Best of luck and I hope that the changes make driving life better. Please let us know.

blanc said:
Some new parts to be installed over the winter.

Carbon GT3 bumper and Carbon Ducktail
New shifter with upgraded bushings
New pads
Upgraded Sway bars
3rd rad and low temp thermostat and new water pump and belt
Eibach adjustable front control arms
LSD

Looking forward to your review of the bumper :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members