Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help choosing a c4s

Nico955

Guys need a small push to decide which one to buy. Cut story short sold my 996 cobalt blue 4s for a family Merc now getting back into a 4s again.

Car no1-
2003, Black, coupe,manual, 5 owner ,125k huge history main dealer and JZM recent clutch and IMS and RMS. sport exhaust ,black leather, carbon pack etc @ 20k

Car no2-
2003, silver,coupe,manual 80k 6owner, huge history again clutch replaced 2000 miles ago and IMS and RMS replaced by Porsche 30k ago. Sport exhaust,black leather, no xenon etc @ 20k

Both cars have been maintained regardless of cost.for some reason leaning towards black but the silver one is absolutely gorgeous. Shall I go for the lower mileage one or at 125k miles are average for its age

I wouldn't be happy about going for a 125k mile M96 engine which hasn't had new shells if I was planning on putting any mileage on it.

MC

I'd be most concerned about bore scoring on the pair of them.

Car no. 2 - I'd be very very extremely surprised if Porsche changed the IMS bearing. Porsche never change IMS bearings.

But to answer your question, car no. 2.

Thanks for your reply guys. Aparrently when porsche done the clutch at 50k replaced the ims with the upgrated one. 🤔 are they both at high end of 20k

Nicoc4s said:
Thanks for your reply guys. Aparrently when porsche done the clutch at 50k replaced the ims with the upgrated one. 🤔 are they both at high end of 20k

I understood that the later upgraded one was a larger diameter and could not be fitted without splitting the crank cases, I would check up on the details for that.

MC

Porsche will 100% not yank the bearing out through the cover plate. Porsche Indys do though.

👍 thanks guys. Even though the spec on car no1 is huge can't justify spending 20k on a car with 125k

A lot of stuff can be retro-fitted, minus 45k miles can't.

I bought my 125k mile C4S last year for £18,200 and it had a rebuilt engine @ 115k miles with one new cylinder due to valve seat. All new bearings, chains etc. receipts for £9k. It had a comprehensive service history and was loved. The car did 32k miles in a 2 year period commuting from Birmingham to Sheffield early in its life. From 2010 is was a weekend car/toy.

I wouldn't be paying £20k for either of those cars... they will need money spent regardless of history.

You also have to like the car, so choose the one your heart yearns for and then work on the man maths.

Also found a 04 silver Hartech build c4s 5k ago to find out it was a cat d with panel damage. Owner had pics to prove

Also found a 04 silver Hartech build c4s 5k ago to find out it was a cat d with panel damage. Owner had pics to prove

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back