Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

petrol gauge

steve1 said:
Problem solved collapsed petrol tank, when i removed the sender the post had been bent at 90deg, unable to fit new sender because the base of the tank had collapsed inwards.
So this was a problem that had been bodged in the past.
All fixed now but it took my new exhaust box money, will have to wait till christmas. (anybody want to invest in my christmas list) :)

Im glad its sorted .. but just want to make sure the tank vent side has been checked .. or it might happen again :(

A big inrush of air when removing the fuel cap would indicate you still have a problem.

Yes you right, when i picked the car up all was ok, last check before i took it away showed an inrush of air they suspect a fault with the tank bleed pipe the emmision valve was ok, so im driving with a slightly loose petrol cap to stop it vacuming
should know this weekend

Fault was the tank bleed valve new one fitted and no inrush of air
can go back to driving it now :Dance-Tap:

I'm posting on this old thread due to it being linked in a more recent one.

The reason i'm posting is that when i unscrew my petrol cap there is a intake of air for a second or so, is this normal or do i need to get the venting side of my fuel system checked?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back