Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PPI Results (997.2 C4 PDK) - Any advice appreciated

Monkeynutz said:
Hope we haven't dampened the journey any. I have had my car for 21 months and I am still climbing the steep learning curve :p

The Dovehouse car could always not be as good as it looks but I think it might be fair reflection of where the market is going for the next few months particularly on the cars with over 60k miles.

One thing worth adding is that at cars this age will likely need maintenance on the rubbers and 'consumables' so it is worth knowing what the common things are and looking into the history and maintenance file (if available) to see what has been done.

I do think you will be rewarded with your patience and doing your due diligence especially this time of year when prices will soften and deals can be had. :thumbs:

Not at all, its great to know there is a support network to assist with advice on making decisions and giving me pointers...

Of course it would be nice if the first car I put deposit down on and had the PPI for was perfect but in the real world it was always going to be pretty unlikely - I am pragmatic though and understand that a car in perfect condition isn't going to fall within budget.

I am happy in the knowledge that there is a 911 in my near(ish) future and with help from the likes of yourself and the other guys on here I am going to be able to make a more informed decision.

Cheers,

Karl

Karl, your a genuine enthusiast and your already contributing to this forum, so we are all always happy to offer our 2p in trying to help with your quest. I think you are approaching 911 ownership in completly the right way, far better to spend a few quid on a few PPIs and get the right car and deal for you after all thats exactily what the PPI is meant to do. I must say the gen2 4S at Dove house is worth considering as its unusual to see one at a good dealer under 40k this must be reflecting the fact its a buyers market which is why you are right to walk from the original gen2 I suggested, as it really should be in tip top otherwise as you have said it could end up a 38/39k car . Many of us have been in the same position as you and the right car will come along . The guys on here know the good the bad and the ugly dealers across the country and will always try and help. I would suggest if you spot potentially the right car that you do just as you did previously and PM a few guys for advice and thoughts and not post on the open forum about as pecific car as this forum at any one time will have twice as many lurkers logged in as forum members and a sweet deal may get pinched from under your nose . So get a refundable deposit on it as you did with the last one before openly posting about a particular car. general questions are fine on the open forum but I would hate to see you miss one because a lurker moved on it quicker than you. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: keep us all posted as your search continues :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back