Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

LTS Sports Cars Review

Robert SausageTrousers

I recently purchased a 997 from a new company, LTS Sports Cars, and thought I should leave a review of my buying experience with them.

LTS Sports Cars are a new company, in fact I think I was their 3rd or 4th customer since they started up, which being honest didn't really inspire me with much confidence to begin with, but my experience with them from start to finish was pretty much perfect! I've had some scrapes with pretty poor car dealers but found LTS to be a cut above.

I spotted the car for sale within a day of it being advertised, it was pretty much the exact spec I was looking for, decent mileage, recent full engine rebuild, right price, so I decided to go for it. I was in a rush for a car as my previous 996 had been written off so I wanted a quick purchase. Simon from LTS sent photos to me at my request of any blemishes etc (which on inspection on collection turned out to be comprehensive, I've found nothing other than what was described to me via email) and was happy to answer any questions I had.

We agreed a price and Simon said he would MOT and service the car before collection. I asked if rather than they service the car at their own garage, they could take the car to a Porsche dealership for the service, which Simon agreed to with no complaints. They booked the car in at took it for its service, whilst there Porsche carried out their 111 point check and unfortunatley the car came back with quite a few issues that needed sorting, most were 'niggly' but were taken care of regardless - the biggy however was a coolant pipe that had corroded, unfortunately it was in an awkward spot that required the engine to be removed to get access to it, not a cheap fix! However, LTS had the work carried out by Porsche meaning by the time the car left the dealership it was in tip-top nick verified by Porsche themselves, giving me complete peace of mind!

So having serviced the car and taken care of all advisories etc, with a huge bill from a Porsche dealership, Simon also agreed to meet me half way between where I live and their location in Somerset due to my busy schedule. Communication right the way through was spot on, Simon arrived on time in the car and was happy for me to take as long as I wanted to look through the car and history etc and was completely transparent throughout, he went through the paperwork and explained everything to me before exchanging funds, and I dropped him at the nearest train station so he could get home.

All in all a fantastic experience and an example of how it really should be done. I can't recommend LTS Sports Cars enough!

That is good, well done LTS Sports Cars and you! :thumb:

:congrats:

That's what the whole 'Buying a Porsche' experience should be like. :thumb:

Yeah definitely, we hear a lot about the bad dealers so thought it would be a good idea to spout off about a good one for a change!

I've had the car for a week or so now and wanted to do a few miles in it etc before making a full judgement, but touch wood, so far so good and the car seems to be exactly as described.

Bravo! That's what we like to see. A quality customer engagement.

Brilliant, :thumb: but unfortunately 1 in a hundred with car dealers. Really nice to read a positive review.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back