Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2RS Build... (Update - Dec 2022)

Agreed the gold against a black 911 looks amazing!

Funnily enough I've been talking to Chris @ exel about getting mine done and he suggested aurum gold (satin), which is apparently the gold on the gt3rs or possibly an exclusive manufactur colour? .. i think that may be one of the shades in the piccys from isysman

vlad said:
Aren't those 2 different sets of wheels in different shades of gold? with the bottom being Weiss.

Definitely agree with going with the Weiss looks great IMO with the black , not sure what the gold is in the top pic with Mr Harris , looks a bit too bright?

You'll have Apollokr1ed of this parish regretting his decision to go with the titanium :D

I think the top picture were the OEM wheels, as that one was taken when he picked up the car. I recall reading on Twitter that he has since put some aftermarket magnesium wheels on it which I think are the ones shown in the bottom. Either way the gold wheels look good...

Shewie said:
I think the top picture were the OEM wheels, as that one was taken when he picked up the car. I recall reading on Twitter that he has since put some aftermarket magnesium wheels on it which I think are the ones shown in the bottom. Either way the gold wheels look good...

The 2 pics show 2 different wheels :judge:

Bottom pic look like BBS E88's or similar :thumb:

I was aware the wheels are not the same gents, it was the colour I was concentrating on.

With weiss gold...

11-Porsche-997-GT2-RS_DV_17-GA_03-800.jpg

1.jpg

Porsche+911+GT2RS.jpg

FWIW. I have just ... on a whim ordered some more OZ ultralegerra HLT wheels in race gold. My wheel fettish wone me over !!! Might even have odd colour wheels on the car LOL. Red up front race gold on the back

Sorry maybe it's my age.....
White cars = Footballers wives
Gold wheels = IT Contractor with a 'suck & dump' wastegated Impreza

So ignore me, and take all the younger people's advice :D

Lol. I am in IT. So partly there. Just need a P1 or 22B now

FRP said:
Lol. I am in IT. So partly there. Just need a P1 or 22B now

We'll let you off because you're a young Aussie 😁

Main Force Patrol said:
Sorry maybe it's my age.....
White cars = Footballers wives
Gold wheels = IT Contractor with a 'suck & dump' wastegated Impreza

So ignore me, and take all the younger people's advice :D

I work in IT!

The RS came with gold wheels as an option, so I'm not chavving the car.

chimp911 said:
Needs to be the Weiss gold though as mentioned earlier, imo.

+1
Having painstakingly paid so much attention to detail elsewhere on the car it can't be anything else other than Weiss IMHO :worship:

OK chaps car is booked in for 8th October, for Weiss Gold paint job. Going to hopefully do some filming as well.

Edit: I'm having whees powder coated.

isysman said:
OK chaps car is booked in for 8th October, for Weiss Gold paint job. Going to hopefully do some filming as well.

Brought my wheels already Weiss Gold,after a couple of Track Days need re Painting :sad: but still look fine on my White 997 Turbo S :thumb:

Attachments

• 40993511_474274353054017_110111141719441408_n_186.jpg
    40993511_474274353054017_110111141719441408_n_186.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 5,191

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back