Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mint green 996 Cabriolet with Nephrite green interior !

Reminds me of the colour everyone wanted their Mk2 Golf GtIs painting late 1990's and early 2000's. Definitely of a time! I love it, be seen be safe!!! Maybe not so much the green leather?!?!?

:floor: :floor: I take it I am in the mirority then , maybe the reason I like it is the two pics I inc of my DB9 :grin: :grin: But I do like different and really dont want mr everyman black or silver :thumb: and yes green with green interior and wood trim :floor: :floor: :floor:

Attachments

• aston_martin_3_copy_819.jpg
    aston_martin_3_copy_819.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 3,599
  • aston_martin_540.jpg
    aston_martin_540.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 3,599
This was advertised at a dealership a few weeks ago, I like it but thought it was overpriced (it was more than it made at auction.
Very 90's 8)

It's great that exists, but I could not live with The double green. With black leather that would look fine...

Phil, I said Green cars were bad luck & nothing but trouble! :grin:

alex yates said:
Phil, I said Green cars were bad luck & nothing but trouble! :grin:

:floor: :floor: :floor: and note I didnt disagree with you mate :grin: :thumb:

I had a 1959 Karmann Ghia that I painted that colour to achieve a Californian look... I grew to dislike it very quickly.

BMW offered a very similar colour on the M3 in South Africa back in the mid 1990s... again, it looked good at the time.

I don't think it looks well in 2018.

It has Sport Seats - what's not to like :?

The only thing missing for me is a tasty blonde behind the wheel :mrgreen:

Give it 10/15 years and we will all want our cars this colour....again :grin:

:thumb:

C4-STORM said:
It has Sport Seats - what's not to like :?

The only thing missing for me is a tasty blonde behind the wheel :mrgreen:

Is this what you meant mate :grin: :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• img_2796_227.jpg
    img_2796_227.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,965
That mint green/nephrite car is effing horrible, in my opinion! Other opinions are available, and I do like how people personalise their Porsches. Keeps things interesting I suppose.

My preference is for understated - I like silver or grey exterior and black interior, and I'm not keen on rear wings or aero fronts either. Or logos. Or stripes. Or gold wheels. A bit of lowering and wheel spacers is my limit for exterior mods on a Porsche. Perhaps some nice exhaust tips.

But then, I'm an accountant by trade, so I guess that explains a lot!

Counter Of Beans said:
That mint green/nephrite car is effing horrible, in my opinion! Other opinions are available, and I do like how people personalise their Porsches. Keeps things interesting I suppose.

My preference is for understated - I like silver or grey exterior and black interior, and I'm not keen on rear wings or aero fronts either. Or logos. Or stripes. Or gold wheels. A bit of lowering and wheel spacers is my limit for exterior mods on a Porsche. Perhaps some nice exhaust tips.

But then, I'm an accountant by trade, so I guess that explains a lot!

:floor: :floor: Do you know I was reading that response and thinking "he's an accountant or in banking " then I saw your forum name and then you mentioned at the bottom your an accountant. so I can fully understand you sticking with safe no risk things :grin: :grin: its interesting sometimes to see guys views and what they do to earn a crust .Personally I am the opposite of you :grin: but thats what makes the world interesting . :thumb:

Mint green on a 964RS = :cloud9:

Mint green on a 996 = doesn't quite work. Especially on a cab. Maybe an aerokitted mk1 could carry it off, but I still doubt it.

Whoever spec'd that new had their brave pulls that morning. :D

That's more dated than an avocado bathroom suite.

It might work with black rims, black roof and some de-greening of the interior, but it's a bit of an investment... :eek:

Alternatively, wrap it black and just live with the interior. :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back