Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering Wheel fitment-------

Theres a wsy by jumping 2 wires where you connect the loom. Which then you dont need the piwis. Ill find the info and post....

J

How tough is it to remove the steering wheel and replace like for like?

I have bought a wheel that I intended to refurb - on close inspection it is actually in better condition that the one on the car at the moment - so, I was going to swap them over and refurb the one on the car - can I attempt this or should I just go to the garage and get them to do it?

Has a round airbag like the one shown

Attachments

• wheel_983.jpg
    wheel_983.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,211
Its a very easy job to swap like for like.

1. Disconnect the battery.

2. Pop the airbag out by releasing the retaining clip, which is achieved through pushing something like a 6mm Allen key through the access hole in the bottom of the wheel and pressing upwards, helps to counter press the airbag/horn at the same time.

3.Unclip wires from airbag and remove airbag to safe place.

4. Note orientation of wheel on splines - make a mark using a marker pen to assist.

5. Using a T55 Torx bit undo the securing bolt and lift wheel clear.

6. Assembly is the reverse.

Thanks!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back