Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 GTS Purchase help

Well done that man - good buy :)

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the comments :thumb:

Took it on its first road trip yesterday and did around 250mile round trip. I'm in the south east, I've seen the event at brands hatch and was debating that but I don't think the dates for it will work for me this time around.

Looks like there is regular meets around this region though so will no doubt catch up with some of you at one of them :thumbs:

Congratulations Glen. Welcome to the GTS club :mrgreen:

Mine is my 2nd 997, and the GTS is some leap from my 997.1 c4s.
Come to Rye , and have a listen to my car with a fabspeed x pipe (central muffler delete ), sounds epic.

It's not widely known, not just a 25bhp power kit.....

'A special intake manifold, with six rather than one single flap, switches between power and torque-optimised maps. As a result, the output of the 3.8-litre flat six is raised from 380 BHP at 6500 rpm to 408 HP at 7300rpm, and although the torque figure remains at 311 lb/ft, it is produced at 200 rpm lower."

Nice purchase!

With reference to the LSD the 997 GTS didn't come with it as standard (mine hasn't got it) and it's a very rare option part of the "Sport Chassis" option. Thread on PH about it here

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=230&t=1492105

I actually asked my OPC if it was possible to retrofit the LSD when my GTS was in being serviced last year and was told it wasn't.

They're fantastic cars, I think the chassis is just fantastic for B road driving which is where mine mainly gets used.

With regards to prices I bought my Manual GTS is Feb 2016 for £60k from an OPC (well specced with 28k miles on it). At the time there was no premium for manual gearbox cars. I'd say mine would have been £75k from an OPC at the beginning of the year but the market has come off a bit since then I reckon. Hexagon squeezed the market higher and were asking silly prices but have reduced the prices on the cars they have had for a while now. They've got a thing about all lower volume 997.2's and have plenty of them on their website.

Cheib said:
Nice purchase!

With reference to the LSD the 997 GTS didn't come with it as standard (mine hasn't got it) and it's a very rare option part of the "Sport Chassis" option. Thread on PH about it here

I actually asked my OPC if it was possible to retrofit the LSD when my GTS was in being serviced last year and was told it wasn't.

They're fantastic cars, I think the chassis is just fantastic for B road driving which is where mine mainly gets used.

With regards to prices I bought my Manual GTS is Feb 2016 for £60k from an OPC (well specced with 28k miles on it). At the time there was no premium for manual gearbox cars. I'd say mine would have been £75k from an OPC at the beginning of the year but the market has come off a bit since then I reckon. Hexagon squeezed the market higher and were asking silly prices but have reduced the prices on the cars they have had for a while now. They've got a thing about all lower volume 997.2's and have plenty of them on their website.

With regards to values, I nearly bought a one owner white manual 2WD GTS with around 12k miles for £52k back in February 2016 to complement my 997.2 turbo.

Would have been a great investment.

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-customer/ipl/details/details.ipl?cid=2

£81k...... lol

Bikeracer1098 said:
Cheib said:
Nice purchase!

With regards to values, I nearly bought a one owner white manual 2WD GTS with around 16k miles for £52k back in February 2016 to complement my 997.2 turbo.

That was a cheap car!

Bikeracer1098 said:
With regards to values, I nearly bought a one owner white manual 2WD GTS with around 12k miles for £52k back in February 2016 to complement my 997.2 turbo.

Auction or Private Sale :?:

I don't recall Dealer Retail prices ever going that low for a GTS - especially with those miles.

Cheib said:
Nice purchase!

Thank you very much for the informative post and the link to the PH topic.

I must say that with the limited driving I have done so far the car feels well planted with huge amounts of grip and so im not too worried about the need for an LSD atm. That may change IF I ever tracked the car.

Its interesting and good to see the then and now price comparisons that you have stated and that if anything even with taking out a consideration for overinflated prices that there seems to have been a slight climb?

I tried to get over to Rye and meet some people but unfortunately I missed everyone as I was well late getting there. Not sure if the accident meant the meet went sideways anyway?

GlenB said:
I tried to get over to Rye and meet some people but unfortunately I missed everyone as I was well late getting there. Not sure if the accident meant the meet went sideways anyway?

The accident only meant that 2 cars expected didn't go. Those that did probably left before 11.

T8 said:
Bikeracer1098 said:
........ With regards to values, I nearly bought a one owner white manual 2WD GTS with around 12k miles for £52k back in February 2016 to complement my 997.2 turbo.

Hexagon latest ..... a similar car to that up for .......

https://www.hexagonclassics.com/car/porsche-911--997--carrera-gts-coupe

£83,995 :eek:

Prices are bonkers at the moment!

Hexagon have a car the same as mine but 13K less miles at £63K !!

It seems that manual cars are at a larger premium than ever :dont know:

I had seen that one at hexagon a few weeks ago when i was looking to reagree the value of mine.

Whilst i'm not particularly worried about the impact of value of adding miles on my car it is nice to know it is appreciating whilst being used :thumbs:

Morning chaps,
I am in the market for a 997 GTS pdk.
Have found and agreed on a price for 33k mileage car with aero at an OPC.
My only worry is that I am buying in an inflated market.
Where do you all see prices going in 4 years time?

My finance lender has given a very high balloon of over £50k (non guaranteed) I would feel more comfortable at £40k

Price for the car £70k

Do I go for it or wait and see how it plays out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back