Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 poss 991 Purchase advice

Albachap said:
Any idea of 1st year costs, looks like the check is about 220GBP, renewal looks to be circa 1000 but wondered if a new warranty was more. Just to be informed and manage the costs being passed by 'central command' (my wife)

111 point check = £216 incl VAT or 10% discount for PCGB members.

New Warranty = £1100 for 12 months or £1920 for 24 months.

If you take out 24 months no mid-term check is required so you save over £450.

Porsche Assist is an extra £169 (12m) or £275 (24m).

Thanks all for the advice. I need to go back to the drawing board and work out exactly what I want - I'm set on a 4s but I am a right picky ***** so want to actually see it, feel it and drive it before I consider a purchase.

Albachap said:
Didn't know you could do that. Assume you pay for the 111 check and then pay for warranty if it passes, will do a search on here and get some details as I'd happily pay a couple of K for that for some peace of mind.

If you buy a car that is SOR at a non-OPC dealers you can ask for the current owner to add the warranty. This saves the 90 day wait. Up to you if you ask them to pay for it as part of the deal. Might not get it, but asking costs nowt.

T8 said:

Not sure if I'm reading this correctly or not, Terry - do you mean if you extend / buy another 24 months warranty at (or prior to) the end of the existing warranty, you don't have to have the 111 point check? Thanks :thumb:

squelch said:
T8 said:

Not sure if I'm reading this correctly or not, Terry - do you mean if you extend / buy another 24 months warranty at (or prior to) the end of the existing warranty, you don't have to have the 111 point check? Thanks :thumb:

Hi squelch - you will need to pay for a fresh 111 point check before the commencement of any cover you are intending to have. You pay once whether 12 or 24 months. Obviously when nearing the end of whatever cover you sign up to (12 or 24) and you intend to have further cover and so enter into another 111 check, it makes sense to do this while you are still in your warranty period.
Hope this helps.

pzero said:
squelch said:
T8 said:

Hi squelch - you will need to pay for a fresh 111 point check before the commencement of any cover you are intending to have. You pay once whether 12 or 24 months. Obviously when nearing the end of whatever cover you sign up to (12 or 24) and you intend to have further cover and so enter into another 111 check, it makes sense to do this while you are still in your warranty period.
Hope this helps.
Thanks pzero, that's what I thought but I wondered if Terry knows something we don't, or I've misinterpreted his post.

Given that I have fitted (Shhhhh) a ducktail spoiler, centre exhaust bypass and GT3 RS Wheels I thought it would be a borderline fail of the 111, but my magic tree air freshener will probably push it over the limit :floor: I think I'm going to explore other aftermarket warranties when the time comes....
PS Sorry OP for the slight thread hijack!

squelch said:
T8 said:

Not sure if I'm reading this correctly or not, Terry - do you mean if you extend / buy another 24 months warranty at (or prior to) the end of the existing warranty, you don't have to have the 111 point check?

2 x individual years requires 2 x 111 point checks (1 at start, 1 at mid-term)at £216 and 2 x warranties at £1100 = £2632

A 2 year policy requires 1 x 111 point check at £216 and 1 x warranty at £1920 = £2136

Saving = £496

My earlier £450 assumed a discount would be negotiated on each 111 point check.

Can be hard to get money off 111 check at some OPCs.

T8 said:
2 x individual years requires 2 x 111 point checks (1 at start, 1 at mid-term)at £216 and 2 x warranties at £1100 = £2632

A 2 year policy requires 1 x 111 point check at £216 and 1 x warranty at £1920 = £2136

Saving = £496

My earlier £450 assumed a discount would be negotiated on each 111 point check.
Thanks for clarifying, Terry (I must confess I hadn't done the maths).

There was an interesting thread on PH about the Porsche warranty. I guess it's up to them who they insure, but I can't help wondering how many people would gladly hand over £2k for a warranty (I certainly would) if only Porsche would cut them some slack for having different wheels, wiper blades or any other recognised mod. It's not like it's been lowered 40mm, running 21" spinners and a supercharger!!

squelch said:
There was an interesting thread on PH about the Porsche warranty. I guess it's up to them who they insure, but I can't help wondering how many people would gladly hand over £2k for a warranty (I certainly would) if only Porsche would cut them some slack for having different wheels, wiper blades or .........

............ brake calipers painted a different colour. :nooo:

:agree:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back