Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wind Noise - Window 'Leak'?

mikeluke

In the new Boxster - have wind noise through the driver's window but nothing through the passenger side (all quiet) - anyone else had/seen this problem? Does not appear to be leaking water in

My wife's 987 has the same issue. Apparently there is a tensioning strap inside the hood (just behind the headrests) which is elasticated and it loses its elasticity. Apparently a simple DIY task when I have half an hour and some 1" elastic.

Not sure if that could be the same problem as you have but thought it was worth sharing.

Cheers

Paul

Sounds like a 'take it to the dealer and get them to sort it out under warranty' job then!

The elastic strap is pretty common , it allows the roof to go the wrong side of the frame .. thats not good as it puts the cable under a lot of pressure and can cause it to snap.

You can unpick the old one and sow in a new one .. just make sure its not too tight !

garages then its a labour charge of about 1 hour per side .. 1.5 for both if they like you ;)

Wind noise is normally due to a window reg being replaced and the window not adjusted correctly .. you have side to side on the glass as well as in and out ..

In / out is done via the door base and under x2 rubber bungs .. slacken the 10 mm nut front and back and push either in or out .. normally out to push the top of the window inwards.

Side to side and its door card off .. x2 rubber bungs at the top .. lock the door catch with a screwdriver so it shuts fully then adjust as needed .

So, off it went to OPC Reading to be sorted out. They had it for 3 days and replaced the window seals. I took it out at the weekend for the first time since they dropped it back and... not fixed!

Better than it was but still not as good as the passenger side - looks like I will be back on the blower in a few minutes!

Ive just realised this is about a 981 and not a 987 .. :duh:

Ignore the elastic .. not applicable on these .

Wind noise to me on one of these would be window glass is not adjusted correctly .. new seals .. ok but if the glass is not pressing against them hard enough then you will get wind noise .. again if the glass is a few mm too far back then .. wind noise .

Might even just need the door catch adjusting to pull the door in a bit further .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back