Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RSS tarmac engine mounts

weebz said:
I run the RSS on my 997.2 and yes there is NVH at approx 2850-2950rpm but the benefits far outway this and on a PLUS the missis doesn't notice a difference :lol: :thumb:

More responsive throttle, better push out of corners, better change of direction, more positive gear change all good to me :)

Just out of interest how long /how many miles have you had them on the car and did you nitice then settle a bit from new. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
weebz said:
I run the RSS on my 997.2 and yes there is NVH at approx 2850-2950rpm but the benefits far outway this and on a PLUS the missis doesn't notice a difference :lol: :thumb:

More responsive throttle, better push out of corners, better change of direction, more positive gear change all good to me :)

Just out of interest how long /how many miles have you had them on the car and did you nitice then settle a bit from new. :thumb:

They've been on the car for 6 months <2000 miles can't say they've settled down but given the lack of mileage in that period I wouldn't have really expected them to.

For the circa 100+rpm where I get more N&V (no Harshness tbh) I really don't see this as a negative due to the fact if I'm on a motorway at that rpm is easy to drop or increase by a minimal amount to negate the N&V. :grin:

weebz said:
Phil 997 said:
weebz said:

They've been on the car for 6 months <2000 miles can't say they've settled down but given the lack of mileage in that period I wouldn't have really expected them to.

For the circa 100+rpm where I get more N&V (no Harshness tbh) I really don't see this as a negative due to the fact if I'm on a motorway at that rpm is easy to drop or increase by a minimal amount to negate the N&V. :grin:

thanks mate, looking forward to getting my car back from Hartech at some point and then fitting the mounts :thumb:

weebz said:

I fully agree with the above and it is only me feeling the slight vibration around 2800rpm by now. Must be my butt vibration tool which is over sensitive due to the M96/ M97 engine issues :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back