Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Big miles

+1.

deckster said:
Over 160k on mine now, done 25k in the last three years and it still makes me smile every time I drive it. I don't drive it every day, although it is my daily driver if you see what I mean. It's used for everything from taking the kids to football training, to customer site visits for work, to trips up to Scotland in the middle of winter with skis on the roof.

I won't lie, it's nudging £10k in maintenance since I bought it (although that includes a £2.5k half-body rust removal & respray job) and it seems to throw up random £1k bills approx every six months.

However, regardless of what it costs when all's said and done I refer you back to my first sentence!

Similar...

Bought mine on 57k, 10 years ago and now on 170k. Engine is all original, but feels like I've replaced pretty much everything else at some stage.

New spring/shocks coming at the end of the summer.

Stotty said:

Whereabouts in Surrey are you? I had my suspension completely replaced including Ohlins, I'm near Purley if you want to compare notes before starting.

Mike

My garage lift has paid for itself in labour saved alone. Wouldn't be without it.

Boxster currently on 155,557 miles. No major engine bills at all, ever.

Do all my own stuff however, but even then the engine hasn't needed any attention yet. Contemplated replacing the tappets and variocam solenoids recently (not necessary, was just something to do) but have been struck down with 'cantbearseditis' so it never got done. One day, when I'm working less... unless it actually develops a fault and forces me out of my malaise.

:thumb:

maldren said:
Stotty said:

Whereabouts in Surrey are you? I had my suspension completely replaced including Ohlins, I'm near Purley if you want to compare notes before starting.

Mike

Weybridge.

Almost certainly going to go Koni with H&R -30 spring... would love Ohlins, but can't justify the cost! Most of the other components have already been replaced over the past 18 months.

That's mine linked above. My engine gave up around 150k although still driving the oil pressure was low and oil filter was like a glitter ball, all good now though after rebuild.

I think now regardless of miles these cars are going to need work and be a constant expense just purely down to the age of them but when all said and done for the vast majority these cars are hobbies and that's me included.

Stotty said:
Almost certainly going to go Koni with H&R -30 spring... would love Ohlins, but can't justify the cost! Most of the other components have already been replaced over the past 18 months.

Sounds good, I would certainly have considered Koni's if I had heard about them before buying Ohlins but I'm pleased with them, could do with softer springs though.

I'm' going to the ACE cafe meet tonight if you want to meet up.

maldren said:
Stotty said:

Sounds good, I would certainly have considered Koni's if I had heard about them before buying Ohlins but I'm pleased with them, could do with softer springs though.

I'm' going to the ACE cafe meet tonight if you want to meet up.

Won't be able to make it - must make an effort to get there sometime though!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back