Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any 993 owners got another 911 as well?

Cameltoe & Heel said:
decgraham said:
I had a 964 C4 Targa along with my 993 Cab when I was in Q8. Sold the 964 to a mate and it now lives in Zell an see Austria, got to see it last year on a visit there, it was like meeting up with an old friend. Wish I hadn't sold it to be honest. :sad:

ATB :)

Really??, we have a place down the road from Zell in Kaprun, we visit a couple times a year, I know the Porsche family have a place there too.

I intend to take the 993 on a road trip there in a few years....

I had my C2S and my GT3 for a short while before I sold the GT3....

Trev

Off topic :oops:

Small world, my mate is Austrian and he keeps the car there as he has property in Zell but lives in Munich. He had his 50th at the Porsche owned hotel, Schloss Prielau in Zell. What a place and what an event, it lasted 3 days :eek: Attached is a pic of the car, my mate gave to his wife as a birthday present about 15 years ago after having it completely rebuilt, lucky lady :)

ATB :)

Attachments

• 964_austria_117.jpg
    964_austria_117.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 3,517
Dec that's a great hotel, we've cycled past it a few times....

As I get older I'm becoming more practically minded, we recently got rid of the Rangey Sport and my Shogun 4Work and I just bought a VW Transporter Sportline Kombi, which covers all bases for us.

Sorry to go off topic and I know it's not a 911 but I know a few guys on here have Transporters....

Trev

I know I'm not allowed on here as I own the earlier, prettier model, but as well as my 964 I have a 996 (and a Cayenne Turbo S)

I had the 996 first, then went the aircooled route.

angry said:
Had my 993 for 18 years, but in 2014 I thought I may replace it with a 996 Turbo...I thought I would buy the Turbo before selling the 993 and ended up keeping both.
They have totally different characters, technology/power/handling the 996 Turbo wipes the floor with the 993.
The Turbo is up for sale as I need some cash, but Im quite happy going back to the 993 as it has so much character, is so much fun and actually more pleasant to drive ....so Yes I have.
As of Sunday Ill be back to one...the old faithful :thumb:

You 993 was the first 911 I was ever in back in 1998 when my Dad took it for a test drive - in the end he bought another 993 they had but did swap the Turbo Twists that were on yours for the Cup II's that were on the one we were buying! A long time ago.

A couple of others, one older, one newer. Never owned one with a sunroof though.

:thumb:

PeterS said:
I know I'm not allowed on here as I own the earlier, prettier model, but as well as my 964 I have a 996 (and a Cayenne Turbo S)

I had the 996 first, then went the aircooled route.

Peter, I was on the 2012 911UK trip to Classic Le Mans with you, I seem to recall at the time you had two 964's? With the blue one going onto an epic rebuild?

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back