Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air con and heater module failure...

Steve800

The console controlling air con, heater and fan has just died. No LCD screen and no buttons working. Luckily it defaults to cold and puts all the vents open. But no fan and no air con. The entertainment system above it and the Sport/PASM buttons below it still work.

Ideas? The console was apart a few months ago because of a gear linkage cable issue. I'm hoping it's just a plug that's come apart. Any advice welcome. Will be taking it back to the garage who fixed the gear linkage when I can get it booked in.

Steve.

Could be as simple as a plug, but unlikely if the unit is stills controlling air flow.
You can pick up a used one on eBay for c.£150 or so.
Worth checking plug and new price from OPC too.

You dont tend to remove this for a gear cable replacement , the bottom cubby and the switch pack above it only ..

Its possible i guess .. well not really but just about the wiring plug / plugs have been pushed off the a/c panel dureing this work or made loose so that the fault has now happened .

My view is its nothing to do with this .

Check fuse C2 .

Main feed to the unit is via relay 12 on relay board 1 so above the acc. pedal.

I dont think your are going to get too involved so ill hold back on the wiring diagram and pin outs for now :D

Blown fuse. Phew! It works now but I've not been out in it yet. All buttons work. Never thought it would be that simple. Thanks for the calming advice.

Steve.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back