Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Classic Project Gold - the return of the 993?

ch3tman

...could it be?

https://www.porsche.com/international/accessoriesandservice/classic/projectgold/

porsche-normal.jpg

^ looks like a 993 Turbo S body, judging from the side sills and X79 intakes.

New video expected every week, until the "vehicle will be presented to the public live" on Sept 27th.

Likely this is much the same as JLR is doing at the 'Heritage' division: buy old 993's for $$, convert to "Project Gold" for $$, sell for $$+$$+$$$$$$$$ margin due to 'demand' = profit.

I prefer what Ruf did, its a muhc more elgant solution while keeping the same spirit of the 993.

Likely do your dough on one of them :what:

Will the onyx marble plinth you mount it on in the garage be included :dont know:

Wow... gobsmacked they never went for Hardbacks... :eek:

Those rims look :bandit:

C.

imaging curbing those rims.........you'd have to get the laser gun out to sort them........

Does anyone else think that this has more than a smattering of the Exclusive Series 991.2 Turbo S's about it? Also do we think that this is Porsche making a brand new Turbo S or simply restoring something and revamping whilst in the process?

I don't think its a turbu S or it would have said that on the seat stitching :dont know:

Will be interesting if they fit it with Turbo S parts though but I think more likely a unique fully restored 993 turbo

I think it is marvellous that they have chosen a turbo for this project. Completely biased as I am, it is the model that makes sense for this project.
They will make a drop dead gorgeous (albeit mildly blingy) custom-car which has the fire power to back up those looks.

I'd be very surprised if this does not at least get the X50 pack of the S or even the 450hp option. It is however destined for the US, which I think might rule out the lower stance of the S suspension. But that is just a guess!

Actually now, does that mean this cars is going to get bumperettes :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ummmm, I don't like it. Looks like something wrapped for that guy in Eastbourne on PH.

harryk said:
Ummmm, I don't like it. Looks like something wrapped for that guy in Eastbourne on PH.

Gulzar, the bloke who had all his cars finished in black and gold.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back