Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance Policy that covers track days.

Addo

Trainee
Hello, I am purchasing a 997.2 turbo this week and just wanted some advice on Insurance?

I have a car covered with Pace ward insurers who used to cover trackdays as a bolt on fee for orgainsed events via the MLR (evo club). I wanted to have a similar option with my Porsche Insurance. Do you know of any Porsche specailists that offer this? I see AIB/Precision sponsor the forum do they? Or do you guys get individual track day Insurance by another provider event by event?

Thanks.

Classicline cover me for UK days included in my annual policy, additional fees for Spa/Ring etc etc.

Classic Line for me as well. I think it covers up to 9 track days a year.

I am with Manning UK whom cover me for unlimited UK trackdays, premium was also very competitive.

The only slight ball ache is that you actually have to call them and speak to a human for a quote

https://manninguk.com/

Guys thanks for the great information, i will try these companies.

Sorry if it's staring the obvious. But check the excess. Pcgb one has an 8k excess for track :dont know:

I'm with Classicline and the track day excess is 10% of vehicle value plus the standard excess. Classicline requires 48hrs notice to be put on cover for a trackday.

I called another company last week for a quote to cover the Brands Hatch event and was quoted just over £300 with a £3750 excess, so I thought I'd take my chances with the cover I already have with Classicline (and fortunately came away from Brands unscathed!).

Yep, Classicline here too, minimum excess 10% of the value of the vehicle or minimum of £1000 whichever is the lowest, no Windscreen or breakdown cover, no Third party or Personal Injury Cover, 6 days a year, £50 each thereafter.

My Chubb policy through AIB doesn't cover track days so I will be interested in what way you decide to go.

Ok I rang manning following the suggestions and must say they were very helpful. A few things I was happy with; mirroring my 9NCB that is stuck on another policy. Unlimited UK track policy included on accredited/organised events. European track cover and very competitive.

I've happily been with Mannings too for a number of years now with the 996 and as you know, they include UK track days as long as they are ATDO (and maybe others too)

However, when we are over in Europe on a track day it is not an ATDO company and so we use MORIS. This year it was approx £262 for the day at Bugatti for £50K and an XS of £2,750 which I am very happy with

Hope this is of use

:thumb:

Addo said:
Ok I rang manning following the suggestions and must say they were very helpful. A few things I was happy with; mirroring my 9NCB that is stuck on another policy. Unlimited UK track policy included on accredited/organised events. European track cover and very competitive.
That's interesting and made me wonder;

1) If you make a claim for a track incident, do you have to tell your "road" insurer?

2) If you make a claim for a track incident, will you still be able to benefit from them mirroring your intact road NCB?

:?:

squelch said:
Addo said:
That's interesting and made me wonder;

1) If you make a claim for a track incident, do you have to tell your "road" insurer?

2) If you make a claim for a track incident, will you still be able to benefit from them mirroring your intact road NCB?

:?:

My understanding is Manning have used my 9NCB albeit mirrored from another policy to generate my profile ie 9NCB equals 50% discount perhaps. I asked a similar question regarding if i had an accident on my Mercedes (mirrored 9NCB policy) he explained, you have a profile all insurers would need to know about. This explaniation makes sense using your query re track/road/company car etc..

Also Manning didn't require the Porsche Cobra tracking system on the Policy, i suspect it is location related rather than a requirement choice though. I have it anyway so didn't effect anything really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back