Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

One for the 200 cell Topgear switchable folk!

Lordjimimac

Monza
Hi folks,

Ive just got back into a 911 (997.1 C4S) and am thinking about the top gear exhaust. I put a 200 cell speedtech on my 996tt and the increase in response, noise, and feeling of mid range power was very impressive. But it was bloody loud! and actually stopped us using the car for long trips with the kids die to 2k rev drove (it wasn't actually a bad noise, just a loud noise!)

So, ive two questions to ask of the Top Gear 200 cell switchable owners:

- with valves closed, how loud is the Top Gear exhaust vs the stock exhaust sound - cold start, and cruising

- with valves open, how loud is it vs the Gundo hack?

- what performance improvement do you guys 'feel' with the cats? More response? free revving? mid range power?

Have to say that even stock exhaust with the BMC filter and Helmotz delete is sounding awesome! Would be great to get a bit more noise and power though :

Many thanks for any replies,
james

James the note of the topgear is a more refined sound than the gundo. with the valves closed its very close to stock PSE even with 200 cell cats. and when open its big grin time
the silver 997 in the attached vid is forum member shabs car mine was the same .

https://www.topgear.co.uk/porsche-911-997-1-carrera-valved-cat-back

dont forget forum members get 10% off the listed price. :thumb:

James,

The video linked by Phil gives a good idea of the difference and gave me the final push to go ahead once I came back home. I've just purchased a full switchable system (headers through to exhaust tips) from Top Gear and will hopefully take delivery soon. Just need to find a decent fitter over here now....... :thumbs:

FRZ 911 said:
James,

The video linked by Phil gives a good idea of the difference and gave me the final push to go ahead once I came back home. I've just purchased a full switchable system (headers through to exhaust tips) from Top Gear and will hopefully take delivery soon. Just need to find a decent fitter over here now....... :thumbs:

not sure how far these guys are from you mate but they are a powerflow centre which is a franchise of topgear, they should know everything there is to know about fitting this system .

AM Custom-Autos, 54 Ballybogey, Co Antrim, Ballymoney BT53 6NY

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the info. They're not too far away (nowhere is over here lol) so I'll check them out.

All the best.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back