Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo with recent major service and OPC warranty

You were definitely on the fence last time we met and discussed, glad to see you have made a decision :thumb:
Many happy miles in convoy on the Dinslaken, Spa, Donington trips with 'Red".

A red gen1 991 coupe , no sunroof , with your T8 number plate will be a worthy replacement. I'm now going to scour the ads till we find a good'un.
:grin:

GLWTS, it a fair price I think .

I tweeted :grin:

https://twitter.com/askgeez/status/1032190856957186049?s=21

Hopefully Hannah will retweet it to her 4,164 followers on twitter . :?:

mikeluke said:
Any warmer?

Nope. After my long time in a 997 the only one I'd ever consider is a Gen2 Turbo and they're waaaaaayyyyyy too expensive.

Askgeez is definitely barking up the right tree. :thumb:

askgeez said:
You were definitely on the fence last time we met and discussed, glad to see you have made a decision :thumb:
Many happy miles in convoy on the Dinslaken, Spa, Donington trips with 'Red".

A red gen1 991 coupe , no sunroof , with your T8 number plate will be a worthy replacement. I'm now going to scour the ads till we find a good'un.
:grin:

GLWTS, it a fair price I think .

I tweeted :grin:

https://twitter.com/askgeez/status/1032190856957186049?s=21

Hopefully Hannah will retweet it to her 4,164 followers on twitter . :?:

My guess is that the deal has already been done and Terry is using the prep period to try and beat his p/ex price :chin:

Yeah... just the old misdirection trick....

New997buyer said:
My guess is that the deal has already been done and Terry is using the prep period to try and beat his p/ex price :chin:

My car will not be part-exchanged or sold outright to a dealer.

Lovely car Terry and owned by a true enthusiast.
:thumb:

Good luck with the sale and well done for going back to NA cars, sound > torque :D

Coincidentally my PB is also 177mph (in Germany too... obviously), just goes to prove you don't need turbos to get there!

Attachments

• 2018_08_22_212529_469.jpg
    2018_08_22_212529_469.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 5,257
New997buyer said:

mikeluke said:
Yeah... just the old misdirection trick....

T8 said:
My car will not be part-exchanged or sold outright to a dealer.

Blimey, so just like 'McCann', looks like our Terry is playing it straight :D

Shaoxter said:
Good luck with the sale and well done for going back to NA cars, sound > torque :D

Coincidentally my PB is also 177mph (in Germany too... obviously), just goes to prove you don't need turbos to get there!

Thanks. I'll miss the torque far more than I'll welcome the extra noise. :sad:

All water cooled 911s will get to 177 but Turbos do it easily, especially from a rolling 120. At 177 'Red' was still pulling like a train. A memory I'll have for ever but feel no need to repeat. :cloud9:

New997buyer said:
Really looking forward to seeing your next step on your 911 adventure Terry. Your car is priced very competitively (ahem, a little too competitively for us contemplating a similar move :wack: ) so shouldn't hang around long. And as others have said, and the service history clearly shows, it's a very well cared for example. GLWTS :thumbs:

Thanks. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back