Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kool Canvas UK aka Zucarto "Car Art" Rogue Trader

Morning everyone. My apologies for the delay in my reply, I've been a little busy with business, so have only just had chance to catch up here. I did wonder why all of a sudden a tracking number was given (text message received: 'Parcelforce, no....."). Shows the power of social media I guess.

Ok, to the point in question. As per my orginal post, order placed for 3 x reasonably large framed canvas prints from Beaulieu, 3rd June. After taking some time at the stand & making our decision, physically pointing at what we would like, you offered to post to assist which we were pleased about & told 2-3 weeks delivery. As I originally stated here, I didn't think about checking online for the website/reviews etc prior to buying. Then heard nothing.

A text message received (Friday 27th July, 10.50am) following my email enquiry as to their whereabouts informed me the order would be sent out 'early next week', apologies for the delay. Assumed all good and was fine with that. Forward to Tuesday 7th August, my text enquiry requesting further details as to expected delivery date. Nothing heard. Following no response fri further email contact and seeing various reviews online, decided to post here to see if other had experienced the same & yes, 'warn' others to be aware. Then out of the blue was a text message 'Mx7760....
Parcelforce". Coincidental timing perhaps.

An order then arrived (we had considered how to transport the order home from the delivery address), but needn't have worried, as our 3, 'reasonably large, framed canvas prints" arrived in a cardboard tube, no frames. When questioned about the incorrect order, the first text reply was 'We supply canvas prints ", then 'The framed prints are 30% more ". After explaining we'd paid for framed prints, after discussing the 'newer' frame size that you use, you then replied 'And we didn't have the framed ones of those designs at the show ". All texts between '"'s have been copy/pasted.

The messages went back and forth, with you explaining you'd included a couple of small canvas prints as a gesture, which although not really wanted was noted & appreciated. The final texts were asking if I received the prints I ordered as, 'that's the main thing". You then mention shipping frames to me separately, then I should take it all to a gallery for fitting. Not really what I ordered.

I won't apologise for posting here, I'm glad the attitude toward your business it has been brought to light here and your reply only suggests to me my posting here prompted a reply. Personally, I think the prints are excellent and if the way you treat customers (other's reviews reinforce my point) was similar to the quality of the end product, it would a superb experience for everyone.

After waiting this long for the prints, I have no expectation of receiving any frames in the near future. I am disappointed the order I paid for has not been fulfilled, and our contract effectively broken, but for the monies involved, I'm going to deal with the canvas how I see fit and move on.

If anyone wants more details about the experience, I'm happy to discuss privately, but otherwise would rather move on.

Hello,

I'd mostly finally stopped thiking about this but the devil makes work for idle thumbs and in a spare moment at work I just Googled "Kool Canvas". I noticed there was a new hit so I joined the forum just to share my thoughts and back you up, sounds like you've had a near identical experience to me, except the roll of prints you received were at least actually the ones you ordered.
Long story short- I ordered in February, was given the runaround for months and finally after probably hours of phonecalls, chasing, some swearing I got a tracking number and a roll of canvases arrived.

I was absolutely livd when I received the roll and was told exactly the same, that the prints don't come framed, even though there's pictures all over the website of the framing operation, how nicely they're wrapped, all for exactly the same price I paid, I wasn't told this at the point of sale. To be honest it just felt like a way to get proof that he'd posted me something.

It doesn't even make sense, why would you order from a show stall that exclusively had framed canvasses only to go frame them yourself? Not to mention, why would that have taken 5 months to send to me? I can go down to tesco and have five canvasses printed and framed at the stall outside while I'm doing my shopping.

I would really love to be proven wrong and I've put far more time into chasing than the original order would ever be worth. It's just the principle of it really and even that's fading away. It really really annoys me that it seems like he's done this to a number of people and keeps being allowed back to shows to presumably do the same to others.

If you want to chat more, send me a PM I guess.

Absolutely beware

Same old story, I ordered a farmed print from them at Bicester Heritage in June. Keeps telling me it has been sent and will provide a tracking number. Ignores my messages and ph calls (I called him on a different number and he answered)

At one stage he even blamed it on a rogue employee :lol:

Avoid!

Yup ...... buy on the day and take it away ...... they do have good stuff ...... :)

madalaa said:
Yup ...... buy on the day and take it away ...... they do have good stuff ...... :)

I wouldn't buy a postcard from these guys again whether from the show or not because of their appalling service. If I had read their reviews I wouldn't out of principle. Promising people for Christmas delivery, birthdays etc. Just terrible

Last night he said "absolutely" I would receive a tracking number today. well guess what....nothing. No response to email and text.

I also got an email yesterday saying the wrong tracking number was given to them which I why it wasn't sent. Give me a break honestly, the lies is what really gets me. Rest assured I won't be giving up just yet. I look forward to seeing them at the next show and people say i always talk really loud!

Having not had your experience but having read all the bad reports I certainly would not buy on line or order at a show for future delivery ........ but if I was at a show and saw something that I liked and I could buy it and take it away ....... I would.

To each their own ...... :)

Please do not take that comment as an endorsement of said company.

Oh and by the way welcome to 911uk ...... it's a shame your first post could not have been of a more positive nature but hopefully if you stick around that will change.

:) :thumbs:

If anyone reading this is going to the Classic Motorshow at the NEC this weekend, Kool Canvas will be there. Do with that information as you wish.

Secondly, be aware that trading standards require multiple complaints before they'll do anything. If you haven't already, do please let them know.

It is amazing that this is one of two places on the entire internet to vent about this company, the other being the google maps result that no longer appears in searches.

IWishIhadaPorsche said:
If anyone reading this is going to the Classic Motorshow at the NEC this weekend, Kool Canvas will be there. Do with that information as you wish.

Secondly, be aware that trading standards require multiple complaints before they'll do anything. If you haven't already, do please let them know.

It is amazing that this is one of two places on the entire internet to vent about this company, the other being the google maps result that no longer appears in searches.

Thanks for the heads up, I'd suggest anyone else who has been constantly misled by these guys to attend.

I got an email yesterday calling me a bitter individual (for having the audacity to check where my tracking number was for the last 2 months) telling me that he was "recalling" the delivery (the longest delivery ever with the courier company for which he could not provide a tracking number for) and for me to contact my credit card co. I paid by debit card so suggested my bank details - or he didn't need to "recall" the delivery :grin: and could continue on its happy way. No response.

I'll update if there is a resolution on this in the meantime if anyone else has had similar issues please PM me andas above has mentioned a report to trading standards is in order.

madalaa said:
Having not had your experience but having read all the bad reports I certainly would not buy on line or order at a show for future delivery ........ but if I was at a show and saw something that I liked and I could buy it and take it away ....... I would.

To each their own ...... :)

Please do not take that comment as an endorsement of said company.

Oh and by the way welcome to 911uk ...... it's a shame your first post could not have been of a more positive nature but hopefully if you stick around that will change.

:) :thumbs:

Thanks Madalaa, I've just sold my SC and on the lookout for a LHD 87-89 3.2 so hopefully positive news is forthcoming!

Ok, looks like we have a resolution. He called me a prick and when I explained it was for my son's bedroom he said "It's sad that you feel you are doing me any damage with your little rants...
the only loser in this is your son... "

Also encouraged anyone to contact Trading standards

Quite incredible really.

Well well well, I went to the Classic Car show at the NEC today, hoping to collect my order finally and be done with this whole thing and guess what?

This was their stand at the show:

AB69-D015-985-C-4004-865-A-A7-FCE08-ADAEE.jpg

F2716-D51-CFD6-4-AA8-9-FCE-1223-E1-BE3-C2-D.jpg

I asked around and apparently they'd cancelled at literally the last minute! I wonder if things are finally catching up with them, or maybe their manager's cousin's dog ate their van keys. Maybe those 'little rants" were more damaging than he thought. :grin:

Ah well. Is this the end of the story? Probably not.

I would imagine they will not be in business for very much longer ....... and tbh I think that is a very good thing ........ :thumbs:

Perhaps a Phoenix is lurking somewhere about to rear it's head :?:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back