Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rain, rain & wet door cards

So took it to my indie and they resealed both sides using a sealant as suggested above. First attempt seemed good with the doors being dry after the drive home in a downpour.

However, a few days later I noticed the door cards were still getting wet albeit not as bad as before. Further investigation back at the indie revealed the leak coming from the center of the door cards. Turns out the rubber seal on the door clips were letting the water through from where the water from the window is channeled down the middle. Complicated little buggers these clips and clearly need more attention than I would have appreciated.

Replacements were fitted and a few swaps to ensure the clips at the bottom of the door were in good order. Happy to report, after repeated tests using a watering can , that all is good again and I appear to have dry door cards...fingers crossed.

Attachments

• porsche_door_panel_clip_208.jpg
    porsche_door_panel_clip_208.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,718

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back