Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 early C2 - Ownership/project thread (cobalt blue)

coullstar said:
Sounds like Avus, same as my B5. B7 are probably best out the box ones and do look great. I can't get away from my old school turbo feeling on mine though. 3krpm and your into warp mode.

I still miss warp mode!

996 is looking great, Graeme. :thumb:

Good to see one getting used properly too, instead of sitting in garages on battery tenders and only doing 1000 miles a year. The great thing about a 911 is it's superb compromise. I.e. good at everything. ( Except maybe .carrying large loads!)

Home today after a week away mainly on single roads with family in the car visiting beaches and mountain roads and handled it perfectly.

Only thing is as you can imagine it's in dire need of a total clean, front end knocking slightly and my wife now doesn't like it as much as she is so used to the T5 :lol:

Anyway I loved it, didn't see another 911 nevermind 996 which was surprising. Got home to a nice big box with new exhausts with new bolts so will go about getting that looked at. Not a single rub from the tyres so you can safely run these offsets for all conditions. MOT due soon so might just put it in for that and see what's needing done and take the car off the road to fix it all. I'm guessing some suspension pieces. Decided to stay STD bumpers, seeing it this week from all angles has made me realise the STD shape is a real grower.

Goodstuff Graeme!

That's a good test for the car and it has come up trumps. Quite a contrast to when you thought there may be debris in the engine. You got to the bottom of it though and proved there's not always a horror story waiting to unravel.

The standard shape is a grower, it's just that weedy front bumper that I can't live with. If you could add a subtle little front skirt or something I think it would be perfect.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next development. :thumb:

coullstar said:
Thanks, its due an oil service very soon so I'll see what comes out in that. :dont know: :lol: :sad: :thumb: will cover it I think.

Well,.,...................all good. Probably around 4kmiles on this oil and there was no pieces on the sump plug other than slight film as expected. On inspection filter looks good as well so seems engine is healthy. :thumbs:

Excellent news.

Use and enjoy.... £1.42 a litre of V Power will look cheap in a few years I reckon!!

Yeah for sure. Just got to figure out what to do with wheels in winter. Ideally another set but finances tight at the moment so trying to figure out a way of fully protecting them.

Saying that I wanted to strip down and get centres redone so might need another set anyway.

So after a day of looking after the kids I decided to try fit the exhausts this week and thought I'd get the rear jacked up in preparation.

Quick spray of Plusgas then in for some dinner. 45min later I thought I'd check the bracket bolts as I know these can be a mess, 2 out of 3 on either side fine. Only bottom one knackered. 5min with a grinder and out the lot came. Happy days. Even better the two bracket bolts came out no bother. I do have new ones to fit.
Old silencer was rattling to hell inside.

All going well new silencers will be in by midweek. Quite chuffed as I was expecting a lot of grief and planning to remove bumper but all that only took me 30min to do that.

That excited I couldnt hold phone properly :lol: .

Attachments

• img_20180902_210725_628.jpg
    img_20180902_210725_628.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 3,284
  • img_20180902_210827_860.jpg
    img_20180902_210827_860.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 3,284
  • img_20180902_210759_164.jpg
    img_20180902_210759_164.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 3,284
JS1500 said:
coullstar said:
Sounds like Avus, same as my B5. B7 are probably best out the box ones and do look great. I can't get away from my old school turbo feeling on mine though. 3krpm and your into warp mode.

I still miss warp mode!

Me too!

I'll be honest Ive been close to putting an add up for the RS4 recently but just cant do it. Loys of parts going NLA and few wee niggles are annoying me but still such an accomplished car.
Just glad I bought it when prices were low.

Exhaust fitted other night but haven't had a chance to give it a run. I'll be honest it's a little quieter at idle which I'm disappointed with. Fitment was also a little off with cat pipes but fairly easy to sort out.
It does sound a lot smoother than before though so hopefully better under load.
New air filter fitted but might start looking for another K&N or similar.
New windscreen next week then I'll put it in for MOT.

Attachments

• img_20180905_183117_110.jpg
    img_20180905_183117_110.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 3,152
  • img_20180905_183042_945.jpg
    img_20180905_183042_945.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 3,152

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member