Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk discount at Top Gear exhaust, Bridport for GROUP BUY

That is a very good point.
I'm wary as its a reasonably complex set up and I don't have PSE just now.
Would love to hear comment about reliability but then there's the additional cost...given I've some current engine woes.
It's now on the list for consideration tho.

Finally had my rotten (but correctly functioning - valves replaced a couple of years ago) PSE with the valves back boxes and the 200 cell X-pipes. With the valves closed it's pleasingly almost exactly as standard. No droning and maybe a tiny bit more bass. Valves open is a different story. It was quite fruity with the PSE. Now it's borderline antisocial if you put your foot down. I drove it in first and second gear traffic with the windows open for the last couple of miles taking it home tonight and my ears haven't felt like this since I sold my Westfield! Can't wait to hear it on a proper cold start up next time I take it out.

Only thing I now need to sort is a new tip for the near side. The Bolt was knackered so they couldn't adjust it to match position with the other side and it doesn't look quite so good. Not sure what what to do there other than not give Porsche etc £250 for one side!

M444TTB said:
Finally had my rotten (but correctly functioning - valves replaced a couple of years ago) PSE with the valves back boxes and the 200 cell X-pipes. With the valves closed it's pleasingly almost exactly as standard. No droning and maybe a tiny bit more bass. Valves open is a different story. It was quite fruity with the PSE. Now it's borderline antisocial if you put your foot down. I drove it in first and second gear traffic with the windows open for the last couple of miles taking it home tonight and my ears haven't felt like this since I sold my Westfield! Can't wait to hear it on a proper cold start up next time I take it out.

Only thing I now need to sort is a new tip for the near side. The Bolt was knackered so they couldn't adjust it to match position with the other side and it doesn't look quite so good. Not sure what what to do there other than not give Porsche etc £250 for one side!

What car is it M444TTB it might be the ring inside the tip rather than the bolt itself and we have a man making replacements for the 997 which i much cheaper than replacing the whole thing.

gordyhutt said:
That is a very good point.
I'm wary as its a reasonably complex set up and I don't have PSE just now.
Would love to hear comment about reliability but then there's the additional cost...given I've some current engine woes.
It's now on the list for consideration tho.

Its not really complicated they fitted valvetronic to my gen1 and I controlled it with an on off fob . they also offer fitting if your near Bridport Dorset or have franchises all over the UK longlife and powerflow :thumb:

Re: New Exhaust System Needed

gordyhutt said:
hi all, have been keeping an eye on this thread as I knew I was going to need a new system for my 996 C4 tip. Car is relatively new to me but it's had a few issues. The time has come, as the engine is now out, to invest in a new headers back system. I saw the TG system when I was looking for a Dansk replacement but the positivity for TG really has convinced me to go after one.
Current set up is stock and I like the sound but would like a little more. I suspect the full sports set up might be too much for a daily driver so was planning on manifolds, 200 cell sports cats (not x) and mild sports silencer.
Any opinion on how close to stock sound this is? Too quiet, just right? I know, personal taste but it's daily driven so want something nice but not too loud.
Thanks from first time poster.
G

I'm going for the exact same set up except I'm fitting the valvetronic silencers. Like you, I want something not too loud for normal jogging (until I open the valves that is :D).

Hopefully I will have the system fitted by the end of the month and I'll let you know how it sounds compared to stock. :thumbs:

Thefinn said:
What car is it M444TTB it might be the ring inside the tip rather than the bolt itself and we have a man making replacements for the 997 which i much cheaper than replacing the whole thing.

It's a 996.2 Carrera 4. I'm not 100% sure that I was told that it was the bolt rather than the 'adjustment mechanism' (or something else entirely).

Sorry M444TTB I am not sure they are same design as the 997 ones then with the ring inside. Put a thread up on the 996 section I am sure there will be someone who can help, it seems a same to replace them just for one bolt

I've just ordered a pair of "sports sound" boxes to replace a pair of Dansk ones...I'm hoping that they're sufficiently loud enough that I don't need uprated cats for the full effect, though if I do they'll be on the list for the next group buy! I'll post a clip of the noise once fitted for future reference. Fortunately I've not got to wrestle with any grotty/rusty exhaust brackets as my techie kindly swapped them earlier in the year.

MrC986 said:
I've just ordered a pair of "sports sound" boxes to replace a pair of Dansk ones...I'm hoping that they're sufficiently loud enough that I don't need uprated cats for the full effect, though if I do they'll be on the list for the next group buy! I'll post a clip of the noise once fitted for future reference. Fortunately I've not got to wrestle with any grotty/rusty exhaust brackets as my techie kindly swapped them earlier in the year.

looking forward to hear the sound byte mate :thumb:

heres mine from early 2014 just at the start of my mods with just the valved sports boxes, yours should sound similar to mine when its on loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az8rQLPjFfw

and if you decide you need 200 cell cats then heres member shaps car with a valved sports set up with 200 cell cats again on loud thats what yours would sound like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26fjqA6eUt8

coullstar said:
Got my mild silencers today to go with the 200cel x-pipe fitted earlier in the year.

hope you can also do a soundbyte mate as irs always good to hear the various options :thumb:

Chaps,

Is this group buy / discount still available at Top Gear?

Cheers :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back