Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4s Passenger seat shaking?

I got the 993 RS engine mounts and the appropriate nuts & bolts to fit (about £150), there is a thread about it if you search for 'engine mounts'.

I'm not saying that they are a 100% guaranteed cure but they along with the gearbox mount seem to have cured mine which might seem strange as stiffer mounts usually add to NVH, that said these are not the race version mounts.

Try adjusting the seat rake first and identify what is causing the vibration at idle, if it's happening at speed it could be the tracking etccausing a vibration which in turn starts the seat off.

skinny_monkey said:
Do you often have a passenger? If not I find having the seat a bit more upright stops it shaking at idle
Also putting the aircon on raises the idle speed a little which also helps :thumb:

I'd say it's almost 100% your engine mount, could be one or both, I changed mine to the RSS semi solid mounts this week and it totally got rid of the passenger seat vibration at idle :thumbs:
Previously I had the vibration as well as the passenger side tail Pipe sitting lower than it should in the bumper notch compared to the drivers side pipe......changed the mounts, I'd imagine originals, just done 70k, the passenger side was shot and oil leaked slightly from it.
New mounts now make the pipes sit correctly, has also brought the drivers side up a little so that must have also been past it's best.
Also a significant improvement in handling, win win!!

Lj911 said:
I'd say it's almost 100% your engine mount, could be one or both, I changed mine to the RSS semi solid mounts this week and it totally got rid of the passenger seat vibration at idle :thumbs:
Previously I had the vibration as well as the passenger side tail Pipe sitting lower than it should in the bumper notch compared to the drivers side pipe......changed the mounts, I'd imagine originals, just done 70k, the passenger side was shot and oil leaked slightly from it.
New mounts now make the pipes sit correctly, has also brought the drivers side up a little so that must have also been past it's best.

Thanks for the info.

Any chance you could provide link where you got the mounts from please?

Seat shake

Hi,

I second a comment further up, I had this sometimes and I found adjusting the seat stopped it. In particular the seat back, just moved it a few centimetres and the shaking stopped.

Richard

Also, if you're long at new standard engine mounts to try fix it don't bother. Did nothing for me.

Hi Mate

I ended up getting mine from Design 911, they were around the £350 mark, there is a discount code (911UK09) that gets you 5%....

Was going to get them from Nine Excellence.... called a while ago and the girl on the phone directed me to Design911, very random...they either feel that they make too much money and want to spread the love which is admirable or more likely the girl just wanted to go home on a friday afternoon!

yogiz said:
Lj911 said:

Thanks for the info.

Any chance you could provide link where you got the mounts from please?
:frustrated: :frustrated:

I was driving into work yesterday in the 911. It's a city commute in heavy traffic so I normally cycle as it is such a slow journey.

While contemplating life sitting at a standstill, I happened to glance at my passenger seat - :roll: - there it was gently shaking. I changed the angle of the back rest, but it still gently shook. I turned on the A/C to bring up the engine speed, and it reduced it. But of course, now engine mounts, which were way down my list of things to do, have moved up the list unnecessarily...

I should learn to just look out the front window and avoid finding things that may not be quite perfect :frustrated:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back