Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Secondhand Spec

DRZ911

Looking at a second-hand 991.2 GT3 to scratch my GT itch once and for all.:)

Against the grain, the car must be PDK. I have found a guards red car with the following spec :-

12-o'clock marking in Red
Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensorCarbon interior package (with leather interior)
Chrono Package and preparation for lap trigger
Clubsport package
Digital radio
Door sill guards in carbon, illuminated
Front axle lift system
Full bucket seats
Guards Red seat belts
LED main headlights in black including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Leather interior with stitching in red
Preparation outer door-sill guards, illuminated
Privacy glass (rear side windows and rear window)
Reversing camera
Wheels painted in satin black with wheel outer edge painted in Guards Red

Although a good spec, can't help but feel that there are 3 or 4 things missing from this list that are nice-to-haves, but yet would make the car more complete. Are there any options that you would personally want coupled with the above ?

In terms of colour, my head says guards red, but my heart says racing yellow. Any opinions ?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

DRZ, I see one thing missing only; you behind the wheel :drive:

Get it bought and report back asap.

Nice spec, as you say most if not all of the 'must have' options.

I personally would want the ceramic brakes and BOSE, I'm sure others would argue against that however.

I don't think you will be disappointed if you get one.

Again, it's only my opinion but as good as they are I wouldn't use it through the winter for several reasons. I can't see the current stock levels reducing much at all over the next 6 months so would look to buy either late this year or early next and bargain hard.

DynoMike said:

:D :D
You are the third person to say that to me in the space of a day.

Any preference on guards red or speed yellow ?

Red looks better IMO than yellow, probably easier to sell when you want to get rid I'd guess too :thumb:

I don't really buy bright cars, but I'd probably settle on Guards if push came to shove. Yellow with some black and a Transformers sticky might do though.

DRZ911 said:
DynoMike said:

:D :D
You are the third person to say that to me in the space of a day.

Any preference on guards red or speed yellow ?

Red. Yellow attracts flies, as does ceramic sealant, something I discovered yesterday!

Guards is always a winner, yellow is tasty but may possibly narrow down the buyers field when the scratch has been itched.

Only my 2p, not fact.

It looks a pretty good spec to me. The only option that I might want is BOSE but TBF you probably wouldn't notice the improved audio over the engine/tyre noise.

Guards Red looks great on the 991 (I am biased though :wink: ) and it was the launch colour for the .2 GT3 :thumb:

DRZ911 said:
Looking at a second-hand 991.2 GT3 to scratch my GT itch once and for all.:)

Against the grain, the car must be PDK. I have found a guards red car with the following spec :-

12-o'clock marking in Red
Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensorCarbon interior package (with leather interior)
Chrono Package and preparation for lap trigger
Clubsport package
Digital radio
Door sill guards in carbon, illuminated
Front axle lift system
Full bucket seats
Guards Red seat belts
LED main headlights in black including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Leather interior with stitching in red
Preparation outer door-sill guards, illuminated
Privacy glass (rear side windows and rear window)
Reversing camera
Wheels painted in satin black with wheel outer edge painted in Guards Red

Although a good spec, can't help but feel that there are 3 or 4 things missing from this list that are nice-to-haves, but yet would make the car more complete. Are there any options that you would personally want coupled with the above ?

In terms of colour, my head says guards red, but my heart says racing yellow. Any opinions ?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Its a good spec, Ceramic Brakes ? but the OEM brakes are good enough and yellow calipers wont match the car.

trick is not to pay over the odds as all the cars are still within the manufactures warranty, prices have softened so there are cars at circa £160k

Thank you all for your opinions and guidance.

Went for a yellow car in the end.

The red car had been round the Nordschleife and had the patina of a car driven at sustained high speed.

The yellow car is March 2018 with 1K miles. Not a mark on it. Similar spec to the red car but marginally better in a few areas, 7 months younger and 5K less miles.

Excellent trade-in price for my C4S which is now 52 months old/20K miles, and a good deal on the GT3.

Am absolutely delighted at the new car and the service from Belfast OPC - intend to pick up this Friday. :lol:

Sounds lovely congratulations!

Looking forward to pics and your thoughts 👍

Excellent, congratulations :D

Very cool. Pics on Friday please.....yellow ones are the fastest thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back