Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Plan B

Hi Steve,

I'm fine thank you, I hope you're keeping well too?

I will dig out my service invoice when I have a moment and send you a copy. When I have sorted this bodywork I'm going to see what can be done with steering wheel thingy and see if I can use the lovely little connector you gave me. If I can't make use of it I'll give you it back as it's an expensive looking little item.

Hope to see you out & about soon.

Hi Pierrebear,

No problem, all welcome. The prices seem to vary wildly between OPC's, it's worth checking with your local 1st and don't forget PCGB members get discount.

A couple of nice pieces of fab and more food for thought, I'm pleased I started this, you're quite right Chief!

Cheers,
Paul :thumb:

Paul, are you getting the whole car repainted after this or just the localised area ?

This looks like it could be a familiar slippery slope! :eek:

Christ Paul your car is real crap. How did you let it get into such a state :grin:

Paul, are you getting the whole car repainted after this or just the localised area ?

Hi James,

Just the localised area. There is no need to respray the car as we've already been all over it but as I said, we had suspicions of the windscreen because I don't know the chap who repaired it originally when I bought it, I wouldn't say he did a poor job but it wasn't up to the standard I expect. John wouldn't put his name to anything which isn't absolutely correct. I could give a very good example but the person is well known.

There is only one possible area which may have rust but there is no absolutely no evidence, and that is the rear screen surround, we'll have a look at that during the winter.

The rear side windows are fine, we've had them out and everything is good . The sills, we repaired a while ago and the wings and underbody are in really good condition, no signs of rust anywhere.

The previous 2 photos showing rust under the wing seals was fortunately only surface rust and John had already spotted them with repair.

This looks like it could be a familiar slippery slope!

It's sorted now Thomas! :thumbs:

Christ Paul your car is real crap. How did you let it get into such a state

:grin: I know Chief but I'm just going to enjoy it :floor:

John also spotted a mark in the paint on the near side front wing which looks as though someone might have been a bit heavy with a tool when servicing or doing a job, so he's put that right. I knew about it of course but didn't think it was worth bothering about but John as I said, is a perfectionist and he wouldn't let me have it back without sorting it.

He also noticed an area on the rear near side bumper which hadn't been flatted back correctly previously so it really should be spot on now.

Hopefully home for the weekend.

Cheers,
Paul

Hi All,

The beast is back, the bodywork & paintwork issues sorted. I had her MOT'd yesterday, with no reservations or observations other than MOT'er comment "It's as tight as a drum!" Which was nice of him.

This photo is to show the rear arch in front of the wheel which needed flattening and polishing and looks very good now.

The new speaker set is fitted and I can almost hear them over the engine now. Actually they are really pretty good, they are a Porsche original replacement set from OPC, it's brilliant that Porsche are getting to grips with their classics.

So we're ready for the summer. I'll have to think of something else to do now :dont know:

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Chaps,

First proper trip out on Saturday to Porsche 70th birthday celebrations at Porsche Teesside.

A good selection of PCGB cars invited to display on the forecourt and enjoy the hospitality. Peter's lovely 356 in the background.

Proof, as if it were needed that even the early models could fly.

Evening All :grin:

Good to catch up with you all :thumbs:

Cheers,
Paul

Paul I briefly saw you flying up the stairs whilst I was chatting to Peter and some others , but otherwise missed you and didn't get a chance to have a look at the new stuff done to your car. I was only there for an hour as had school sports run duties. It was good event Teesside put on . My little 2.4S was parked away on the ind est though . That blue 2.4E on the ramp is another Ddk car and a very good mate of mines

Hi James,

Sorry I missed you. There's not a lot to see that's different on my car it was all cosmetic.

The blue 2.4 is gorgeous, it looks as though sh'e had a complete nut & bolt refurb.

I saw Peter just as I left.

Cheers,
Paul

Hi paul, cars looking great! I wanted to go to teeside and catch up with everyone but I had to work!!
Building a small extension on the back of the house and it's taking up all my spare time at the moment, itching to get out in the car though!

Hi James,

Ooh! That's going to be a nice thread to read with a glass of the old claret. Thanks! :wink:

Hi Ian,

You already have an extension, a big one, it's call a 928 :grin:

Hope to see you soon,
Paul

Paul your car looks fantastic and those wheels really set it off :thumb:

Hi AVI_8,

Thank you for that :thumbs:

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Chaps,

I hope you have all been making the most of this beautiful summer w've had by getting out and giving your cars some beans :thumb:

Day out today at PCGB NE Concours, the old girl came in 3rd which isn't bad for a modified car which gets marked down. Interior, boot, even my wheels only got 50% marks.

So if you want to win keep it stock, if you want to have some fun though, just do it :)

The beautiful blue Turbo beside mine won and it was mint, inside & out. 2nd place to Boxter which could only be described as better than new. Well done to them both & thanks to PCGB NE, especially Greg, Debbie and all who helped & took part.

Thanks for the coffee Keith and to Linda for her fantastic cakes!

Cheers,
Paul :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back