Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 GTS Purchase help

jonttt said:
Congrats, looking forward to the pics.

Well done at stopping Sponge from getting it, he should be saving up to get some champagne to meet his obligations on other matters :thumb:

I assume this is your first Porsche, I'm sure you will enjoy it, my experience is that is a prestige mark which joe public appreciates unlike some of the others which only adds to the ownership experience. I've not driven a 997 GTS but my experience of the GTS package is it adds more than the sum of its parts to the driving experience and its great knowing the car is not costing you a fortune in depreciation whilst you have it :wink:

Lol I'm kicking myself I'll be honest. I was looking at 2, and missed them both, this one with the areokit is the special one, it was reduced from 70 down to 65, that's a good price, there's 2 new ones come up at OPC"a low miles and 80 k each!! :dont know:
Anyway at least the craving for 991 is gone! Herman white v 991 targa- beautiful swan v ugly duckling, sometimes you need to see them parked together ! There's not much out there that looks as good as a 997 with a big wide arse and a rear strip! I'm thinking now Alcantara trimmers, somehow find the SC's and keep Herman!

Anyway OP really looking forwards to seeing that areokit, wide arse, and interior!

Thanks guys, appreciated.

Yes it is my first Porsche and it's been a long time of wanting one before I've finally managed to be able to get one. I think I actually managed to get really lucky with this one.

I found out after agreeing to buy this that they actually had this one up for 74k and had sold it (though I'm not sure what price, i got the impression of around that) The person getting it was looking at finance which fell through.

Seems like it was meant to be for me and I think I got a bit of a Billy bargain. As you say others seem more expensive and the couple I looked at this was the best by an absolute country mile, it looks like a new car tbh.

Can't wait to get it and will of course post some pics up for you.

Spongebob, Your help and encouragement in the PM's to go for this certainly helped with my decision so thanks for that :thumb: :thumb:

You're right, seeing the 991's in the opc definitely highlights how good looking the 997 is.

Im not sure whether posting all these photos is a good or a bad thing for you James, but either way I know you want to see them so;

Photo time!

Attachments

• img_0278_124.jpg
    img_0278_124.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 5,797
  • img_0284_535.jpg
    img_0284_535.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 5,797
  • img_0291_723.jpg
    img_0291_723.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 5,797
  • img_0295_172.jpg
    img_0295_172.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 5,797
  • img_0281_150.jpg
    img_0281_150.jpg
    579.4 KB · Views: 5,797
  • img_0274_149.jpg
    img_0274_149.jpg
    606.2 KB · Views: 5,797
  • img_0275_694.jpg
    img_0275_694.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 5,797
  • img_0276_371.jpg
    img_0276_371.jpg
    540.6 KB · Views: 5,797
Actually I'm glad I didn't go for it, it looks a bit rough :grin: :sad: :sad:

I'm mega impressed how clean it is and what a great car it is.

Only thing with it being so clean is when I stopped to take the photos I saw spots of black everywhere from the tyre cleaner the dealer had used :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see it has only one of those play station gearboxes...... :D lovely car, hope you drive and enjoy it as it should. :thumbs:

GlenB said:
On a totally different angle, whats the community side of the car like? Is there meets etc, events and a good general community spirit as having come from cars that have had this type of forum I appreciate the benefit of a good forum / group of like minded people

Absolutely. This is a great forum (well run, good moderators, plenty of sponsors) for a great community. We even have an unofficial ambassador in the shape of Phil. Don't listen to a thing he says, and you'll be a richer man.

And I like a nice white 997. Welcome.

:welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership Glen.

That's a cracking car for a first one. :worship:

My first Euro trip was as a passenger in a White 997 GTS. It was awesome.

There's lots of 911uk meetings all around the country from time to time - keep an eye on the 'Meets and Events' sub-forum. Where are you based?

Glenn,
Well done you snapped a bargain there especially considering from an OPC. That's one special GTS :thumb:
Looking at your interior with the white backs and all that alcantara, that's convinced me even more alcantara is the way to go!

Stunning car glen 8)

My C2S gen 1 manual still amazes me so that GTS pdk must be some car :grin:

Stunner mate!

My 997 turbo stands regularly along side my mates 991.1 4S and 991.2 GTS and still looks the dogs imo

Enjoy it!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back