Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery 997.2 Targa 4S PDK

bulkbiker

Anyone got an up to date recommendation for battery for the above 2010? Had it on charge... just went to start it a just got the solenoid clicking,.. I'm assuming its the battery as I stupidly allowed it to go very flat and from what I can tell it's the original battery. Is it ok/better to get a higher amp hour and does anyone have any brands recommendations and approx price please. Many thanks all

I'd always go for a Bosch S5-010 (85Ah and 800 CCA, 5 year guarantee), assuming your car isn't under a Porsche Warranty that is. Eurocarparts have them at £146, they can be probably be a little cheaper if you search around a bit.

I've got the Bosch too. By mail order they are usually about £100.

Battery arrived this morning by courier and now fitted.. car starts rather than solenoid clicking..... phew !
Thanks for recommendations
Mark

Maybe worth noting if you wanted a Porsche Warranty you won't get passed the 111point check without a Porsche battery :cop:

Main Force Patrol said:
Maybe worth noting if you wanted a Porsche Warranty you won't get passed the 111point check without a Porsche battery :cop:

This may be the stupidest thing about the pork warranty, the Moll battery they insist on using is probably the worst battery ever created by anyone. Mine lasted 18 months from new. Im now using the bosch battery i removed 4 years ago to get the warranty, which has now done 5 years on the car and 18 months in the shed and is still going strong

pcat said:
Main Force Patrol said:

This may be the stupidest thing about the pork warranty, the Moll battery they insist on using is probably the worst battery ever created by anyone. Mine lasted 18 months from new. Im now using the bosch battery i removed 4 years ago to get the warranty, which has now done 5 years on the car and 18 months in the shed and is still going strong

Rules is rules, even £330 rules :sad:

It was just a relief to me that all 4 tyres were compliant ! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back