Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Carrera 4S (Green content!)

maxpedals said:
Quick photo for you all:

Vkl7dLR.jpg

That's cool. Congrats :thumb:

Having done a few hundred miles in it, I can throughly say I'm loving every moment.

First job is to replace a faulty drivers side electric switch assembly, thankfully German eBay came to the rescue with a brand new part for under £80. A bit better than the £400+ from Porsche!

Another quick photo from Goodwood:

vfa0Eli.jpg

Other than the switch I am just putting together all the service history and getting an idea of what will need replacing next. I'd also like to change the Dansk exhaust tips to the turbo style at some point.

Thanks! Out of interest does anyone know how many C4s were built in Lagoon Green?

maxpedals said:
Thanks! Out of interest does anyone know how many C4s were built in Lagoon Green?

Nobody will be able to tell you that but rest assured the answer will be very, very few.

I've seen hundreds of 996C4Ss but yours is the only one in LG.

Ghianightmare said:
ooooohhhh- I like that colour...

Just FYI - the Porsche Dealer parts system sometimes (in my C4S case) suggests C2 suspension parts or Carrera 4 parts even with the full C4S VIN.

Example - The standard C4S has lower suspension than a C2 - I'm still confuses as to what it has as it isn't M030 and it isn't IX73 which is the C4S version of the IX74, but the additional Foam spring on the dampers is the Same P/N as the IX73...The Porsche system offers the C2...

Regardless - if you are ordering Porsche parts from Porsche, get them to triple check if their Parts catalogue is telling them the truth.

hope this helps

X73 isn't the just the c4s version of X74, X73 was available for all wide body and X73 all narrow body. Standard c4s suspension is the same as the standard turbo set up with different spring and damper rates to account for the difference in weight. I have X73 on my c4s and it's very low! And as I found out last year some X73 bits are the same as 997 turbo, but half the price!

STUNNING :mrgreen:

I bet that colour looks the business in the metal :thumb:

What colour is the interior trimmed with bud :?:

The interior is standard black leather, no sports seats I'm afraid.

I am thinking about having the wheel retrimmed in alcantara though with green stitching :D

I've not updated this for a while so here goes:

December 2018

So after collecting the car the following bits were done that required immediate attention:

Oil change, filter, drain plug and washer.
OSF driveshaft boot (inner and outer)
Rear wiper blade
3 wheel bolts (old ones corroded!)

Now the fun part, here is a list of issues they picked up that I will get done over the next year *drumroll*

Drivers side seat operation noisy
Drivers side door doesn't shut smoothly
Passenger seat switch broken (German eBay gave me an older 996 one!)
Gear selector stiff
Fuel filler flap doesn't lock
Fuel cap seal perished
Passenger wing mirror glass doesn't de-mist
Alarm siren not working
Top and bottom of suspension strut corroded (could be a pricey one, but looking at Bilsteins)
F > R brake pipes corroded N/S
Caliper brake pipes corroded
OSF brake pipe corroded
Power steering pipe shroud split (secured for now)
Power steering pipes corroded (new rack or pipes needed)
NSF driveshaft boots perished
Slight leak from IMS (shame as the IMS has been done by a reputable dealer but perhaps not very well!)
Front coolant hoses starting to leak
Exhaust supports corroded
Battery cover missing
Engine bay lamp not working

So....being an optimist nothing on there scares me and for the age of the car I'm pretty happy! All part of 911 ownership.

Come June time I will tick a few off the list a long with a major service.

Gzmrkjq.jpg

July 2019

Update time, just ticked over 3,000 miles since owning it which bear in mind I'm out the country most of the time isn't as bad as I thought!

Had a few things done at my local indy, a mix of a major service and some preventative maintenance items we highlighted a few posts up.

Service aside; a reconditioned steering rack, "gundo" exhaust hack (great modification by the way!), mirror glass, engine bay lamp, fuel cap, new bleed nipples, front to rear brake pipes, calliper brake pipes, power steering pressure and return lines, front discs and pads and a few other odds and sods.

The car will now be going into storage due to a relocation to the US. I did consider putting it up for sale but the 996 C4S really is the obtainable dream car of mine and it took a while to track down this spec. I'll be doing some improvements whilst I am away as I won't be shipping it over for whats looking like a fairly short stint on the grand scheme of things.

Overall, the car still impresses me and ticks all the boxes so no reason to change!

hLMVzErh.png

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back