Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

possible to tell if exhaust has gundo fitted?

Lordjimimac

hi folks,
i picked up my 997.1 c4s this week and am extremely pleased with it.
it does not have a sport exhaust and i had planned to modify, but it sounds very very nice and im now wondering if it has in fact been fettled with already.
In the absence of a comparison, im wondering if its possible to see if the exhaust has been modded by visible inspection? not sure what or where i should look for exactly, but would be helpful to know if this is not possible before i ebark on a fools errand!
cheers,
james

I'm pretty sure if you can get your head underneath, it would surely be visible... just Google for images of the new cross pipe and fresh welds?

great thanks for the response - ill give it a go
MaxA said:
I'm pretty sure if you can get your head underneath, it would surely be visible... just Google for images of the new cross pipe and fresh welds?

The gundo is pretty easy to spot between the side silencer and the pipe running to the exhaust tips (it's basically a short cut). You might also have cross pipes instead of the rear centre silencer. These are also obvious, as there's only two pipes instead of a massive silencer between the engine and the bumper. You just need to get your knees dirty...

Gen 1 997 wouldn't have the centre silencer of the Gen 2.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back