Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying a Porsche 997.2 turbo PDK

Guys great feedback, the car is a 2010 Turbo and came with a spec sheet with the following engine/performance build/spec on;

MNR 220 Differential lock
MNR 640 Sport Chrono package plus
MNR 140 F Dynamic engine mounts (PADM)
MNR 475 T Damper contol (PASM)
MNR 476 T Porsche Stability managemnet (PSM)

Do you know which items are standard and which are additions? is the specifciation above average or normal?? no PCCB brakes on this car.

I want to maintain the OPC dealer stamps ideally but quite fancy an exhaust and DMS remap eventually.

My father had a 997.1 Turbo Tiptonic which we took to DMS for manifold/exhast/remap and it was intoxicating to say the least!!

I might see me looking into this within my ownership.. :grin:

Addo said:
My father had a 997.1 Turbo Tiptonic which we took to DMS for manifold/exhast/remap and it was intoxicating to say the least!!

Forget putting an OPC warranty on it then, they won't even consider it!

Most things are an option on a 911 but the Sport Chrono is a must have and I think PSM is std. Not sure about the diff lock.
They only need a service every 2 years so if you buy one that's just been serviced then your quids in.

easternjets said:
Addo said:

Forget putting an OPC warranty on it then, they won't even consider it

Agreed, forget dms too.. there are much better options out there.

apollokre1d said:
easternjets said:
Addo said:

Forget putting an OPC warranty on it then, they won't even consider it

Agreed, forget dms too.. their are much better options out there.

+1. Don't go DMS :bandit: I'd be looking at 9 Excellence or similar... :thumb:

Thanks, it has been serivced 6 months ago so should be fine then.

Also i wanted to get a inspection before i purchase in the Hull/Leeds area or might get Leeds Porsche dealer to do the 111 inspection as they have serviced.

Any thoughts?

If your in the Leeds area then the OPC or phone Dave at Porsche Strasse.

If it's coming from an OPC then it should have had one anyway.

I haven't posted on here for a while, so thought i would update the thread as I am over the moon as I purchased the 2010 PDK turbo i was looking at in the summer! It is an amazing car and lived up to and exceeded my expectations! I had a great time on a Euro trip on the second week of ownership as well!

I will probably start another thread soon with some experiences/feedback and questions, but thanks for the advice it is the best car i have owned! :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back