Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Water filter who uses one?

silvermilnec

Considering one to add to my kit, I keep my car clean all the time with it being black. I take allot of time getting swirl marks out. I'm thinking of one of these as a final rinse so I don't need to use a drying towel and risking putting swirl marks in.

What do you use and what the annual cost?

Cheers guys :thumb:

I am also interested, I've read sone good things on other forums.

MC

Bought a 7ltr raceglaze last year after T8 recommended them :thumb:

Works fine in a bad water area. Simply wash the car, open hose it down with the filter.

Replaced the filter resin on Friday after 1 year as water spots were starting to form again.

Filter needs hozelock adapters if you use thier hoses (available when ordering from raceglaze). Replacement filter material is simple to change if you order the replacement filter refilling kit. Cost of 7ltr refil is £45..

Unit ran through roughly 20 washes. Would buy the larger one if starting again as it needs refilling less often.

I spoke to the guy at RaceGlaze a couple of weeks ago hoping to get a bit of a squeeze on it, but he said they never discount that product. However, what he did say was "it will be the best detailing product you buy". So I placed an order and told him I'm expecting big things.

I washed my Carbon Black BMW in hot sunshine on Thursday and didn't chamois it off. I'm in a very hard water area and normally it would be covered in chalk rings where the water evaporates off but this time - totally clear! And it's still shiny today! So it seems pretty good so far!

I'll be disappointed if I only get 20 rinses from it though (G2 mentioned he got around 20). Time will tell...

silvermilnec said:
Considering one to add to my kit, I keep my car clean all the time with it being black. I take allot of time getting swirl marks out. I'm thinking of one of these as a final rinse so I don't need to use a drying towel and risking putting swirl marks in.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=112238

pzero said:
silvermilnec said:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=112238

Thanks for the link, I knew it had been discussed I just couldn't find it 👍 I'll do a water test first.

silvermilnec said:

I have used these for years now , one of the best additions to my cleaning kit to date!!!
I use the raceglaze unit too ... I find it best so far .....

I have mine set up fixed to the rear of my fence where I was my car, hose links are set in place an only hose in / out ever need removing .....
It's hard to believe the difference this makes to the surface post rinse .... there are NEVEr any water spots on my cars ......
I use two in series now as each one runs down in efficiency , I hook the other up in series by hose links . Get a small test meter to test the ph of the water , lots on sites like window cleaning material sites ( as these guys use them in their vans nowadays, min e does anyway and he is also a good supply of replacement resin)

I just use open hose to rinse the car down after the full wash , car body , wheels, everything ....
It's great , can't recommend it enough ..

Empty of water in winter and take it indoors though , don't leave out with any water

There are some American versions which are more high tech , but more expensive but I'm looking at these at present .... the bug bites ...

Thanks guys, obviously a popular subject.

@ 20 washes for £80 = £4 a wash seems steep.

Does anyone use the window cleaning option? I saw one sitedo a vessel 10ltr £93 and refill @ £42 seems far better value.

Anyway thanks for the replies so far.

I have used one of these filters for years. Having a black car and having to chamois it each time to keep the water marks off was a pain. Now I don't have to do this at all and just let it dry naturally.

I use an Airblaster therefore touchless drying. Works a treat and I dry the car in no time.

I've got two of the 15 ltr ones from Vyair. My incoming PPI is around 350 and it didn't take many washes with just one vessel to get the PPI back up over the 10/15 point where it started to water spot again.

Once it gets to that point, the vessel then becomes the first in line from the supply so it feeds the second vessel with 10 PPI water gradually rising to the 350PPI incoming rate at which point its completely spent and I replace the resin. This vessel with new resin then becomes the final one moving the older resin back to the feed side.

With two black cars, a grey one and a van, at least two being washed every week I now get around a year out of the resin which is around £75 for a bag big enough to refill both vessels.

I do have inline PPI readers after each vessel to make it easy to monitor the changes.

rhino-man said:
I've got two of the 15 ltr ones from Vyair. My incoming PPI is around 350 and it didn't take many washes with just one vessel to get the PPI back up over the 10/15 point where it started to water spot again.

Once it gets to that point, the vessel then becomes the first in line from the supply so it feeds the second vessel with 10 PPI water gradually rising to the 350PPI incoming rate at which point its completely spent and I replace the resin. This vessel with new resin then becomes the final one moving the older resin back to the feed side.

With two black cars, a grey one and a van, at least two being washed every week I now get around a year out of the resin which is around £75 for a bag big enough to refill both vessels.

I do have inline PPI readers after each vessel to make it easy to monitor the changes.
rhino thanks for the info, you couldn't put a couple of pics up to show your set up? :thumbs:

Still considering this, anyone anything to add? Best place to buy? Window cleaning alternative or raceglaze?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back