Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello! New C4S owner :D

James M-S said:
Congrats and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Michelin pilot sport 4S are the tyres to go for.

Don't make tyres for the rears in the correct size

Cheers to everyone for the warm welcome.

Ok, so time for an update!

Due to the rumbling wheel bearing we don't want to drive the car until it was checked over, so it stayed on the drive until OCD could fit it in, which coincided with our upcoming holiday so worked out well.

In the meantime I gave it a good clean inside and out, removed some fine scratches with G3 compound and started to polish the yellowed headlights.

The journey over to OCD with an increasingly noisy bearing wasn't exactly fun, and I was relieved to get it there and in to their safe hands. Initial assessment was it looked a clean, straight car but it would be several days before it would be properly inspected so the first couple of days of our holiday to Portugal were a tense wait for a call with the verdict. I decided to cope with this by drinking plenty of cold Sagres by the pool, which worked very well as it turns out :thumb:

Finally the call came an a copy of the inspection was pinged over by email and the verdict was....

Thankfully pretty bloody good! :D

All great with the engine, no smoke or noises to worry about and as it'd only been borescoped a few months and less that 2k miles ago it wasn't deemed necessary to do one again. Just a weeping cam chain tensioner washer needed replacing, and the rusty coil pack heat shields were replaced with new ones too.
Oil, filters and plugs all replaced as part of the service.

Suspension is all in good nick, with coffin arms looking recent, although we did decide to replace the front top mounts with new genuine items as they were starting to break up and creak slightly.

The wheel bearing was totally knackered as expected, so a new FAG bearing kit was fitted.

Brakes were deemed to be ok for another few thousand miles so that'll be a job for winter, and although a bit crusty at the seams the exhaust boxes are not blowing so were tidied up a bit and will allow me to wait until TG maybe run another group buy...;-)

2 new rear Michelin PS2s we're fitted, which I managed to source from eBay and have delivered straight to OCD, all from the comfort of my sunbed, and saving over £150 compared to the likes of Black Circles!

So for a little over £1,400 including the tyres we're sorted and I'm pleased to say the drive home from collecting the car today was awesome! It pulls really well, the tiptronic is really responsive when clicked across to manual and it just feels solid and planted, I love it and can't wait to drive it on some more interesting roads over the next few months before the salt appears and we put it away for winter.

I already know it's a keeper and am starting to have ideas of bits I'd like to change and improve as I find it really hard to leave stuff alone!

Looking at induction kits and filters, maybe coilovers, some Alcantara and carbon bits inside and investigating retrofitting some hardbacks while retaining my electrics and memory...

Let the fun begin! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back