Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen2 Cab vs DB9 Volante - Now my DB9 Diary.

benbuhagiar said:
Great review and an interesting read.

Do you think a V8 Vantage is a fairer comparison to a 911? When I am due an upgrade, that is what I will consider if I am feeling brave.

Heard only good things about the V8. If I didn't need the occasional back seats I would have gone down that route.

Les said:
Phil 997 said:
Its called California Sage Les , mine also had a two tone light green interior , me being me I did put Khan 20" alloys on it that curved out made for interesting parking but it did look aggressive lol. but dont have a pic of it with them on. :thumb:

Looked very nice. Mine is Meteorite Silver with Phantom Grey upper & Cream Truffle lower trim with Phantom Grey stitching.

IMG_2373.jpg

I do like that interior scheme Les very nice mate :thumb: does give you a lazy one when you push the start button and select the gear by pressing another button . I remember the filler cap opening button was in the strangest place :grin: I had to phone the dealer from the fuel station the first time I needed to fill it up only slightly embarassing :grin: :grin:

Achingly gorgeous looking cars those Aston Martin's :thumb: It's not difficult to see the attraction.

:thumb: Good comparison Les. Look forward to the updates..............

Noted re risk assessment for carrying short skirted females in the rear :what: I think that's why I went for a 2-seater :oops:

Zingari said:
Noted re risk assessment for carrying short skirted females in the rear :what: I think that's why I went for a 2-seater :oops:

Works alright for me :grin:

ZfUE6hm.png

There's bits of Ford and Volvo in there, but when your sitting there listening to the V12 grumble you don't notice it at all.

Les said:
There's bits of Ford and Volvo in there, but when your sitting there listening to the V12 grumble you don't notice it at all.

:thumb:

Update:

As a few of you know I took the Aston and my daughter took my wife's Boxster to the Monza GP in August... at least that was the plan until the Boxster broke down in a big pool of oil whilst cruising down the motorway in France at 70mph. She did the rest of the trip in a hired Renault.

The Boxster is finally back, with its replacement engine. :-( It turns out the timing chain broke. That's 5 replacement engines out of 8 cars now. I don't think Porsche engines like me, I brought my wife an Evoque to use whilst the Boxster has been away and she loves it. I think its the Auto Park and TV that won her over. So The Boxster is going to be sold.

In the meantime, the Aston (with its new numberplate) has a few more thousand miles under its belt and is still perfectly reliable and a joy to drive and own.

LEZ90-Insta.jpg

Good read Les really interesting. Now I know what my lad has done with our missing waste paper bin! :lol:

Thanks for the update Les. Please keep us updated with how you are getting on.

The Boxster will be a good buy for someone. Make sure you do a proper advert on the forum.

7 months and thousands of miles in and still no issues.

I'm starting to plan my route for my annual pilgrimage to Monaco for the GP.
Normally I take 2-3 days to get there in the 911, but as the Aston is made for this sort of thing, we have decided to do it in one hit. Brighton to St Tropez in a day.

I'll keep you posted.....

Blackburn to St Tropez in 18 hours for me. :lol:

Calais to St Tropez is 11 hours.

Les , I am really pleased you got a good one mate it will make your Aston ownership positive , I am starting to think that as long as you get a good one of any marque , as I have now had the Bentley 6 months and done thousands of miles with no issues and they come with as many worries potentially as the DB9 . :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back