Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo Oil in intercooler bottom house - Turbo refurbs

DynoMike said:
Not sure if the 997.1 is the same as the 996T, but there is an oil tank breather line that vents into the passenger side hose, I believe. This could be the source of the oil if that is the case. Worth a check if nothing else.

Not as far as I can see, the boost has not been great over the last couple of months.

Turbos are back and ready to fit!.

Looks like a great job, all internals new and sandblasted...

Hi Ken
Thank you, do plan to do that!...

kam said:

Looks like they have done a great job. They were happy to supply me a couple of new recirc disks last year at a very palatable price. Did they honour the quoted price or did they find any additional requirements whilst they had the units apart?
I am thinking that it may be worthwhile looking at getting this carried out as pre-maintenance work rather than suffering lack of maintenance issues - resulting in new turbos - somewhere down the line.

Scholester said:
kam said:

Looks like they have done a great job. They were happy to supply me a couple of new recirc disks last year at a very palatable price. Did they honour the quoted price or did they find any additional requirements whilst they had the units apart?
I am thinking that it may be worthwhile looking at getting this carried out as pre-maintenance work rather than suffering lack of maintenance issues - resulting in new turbos - somewhere down the line.

I thought the costs would rise, final was £876.00 which I think is ok.

Happy with the service and communication received from them.

Scholester said:
kam said:

I thought the costs would rise, final was £876.000 which I think is ok.

Provided bench test results of each Turbo.Happy with the service and communication received from them.

All installed and perfect!
Thank you Ken for the heads up on the pressure pipes.

Great result :thumb: it amazes me the help that given on this site, well done guys :worship:

silvermilnec said:
Great result :thumb: it amazes me the help that given on this site, well done guys :worship:

Oh yes!! :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back