Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Clean Air Sticker "Crit'Air vignette"

decgraham

Albert Park
Hi All,

Well living in Spain as usual we have a lot of tourists this year and I couldn't help but notice some cars have a round sticker on them, similar to the old UK tax disc that I haven't seen before. After doing a bit of research I discovered that they are a Clean Air Sticker and vary in colour depending on the vehicle manufacturing date and type. This is all new to me but it seems to drive into certain countries or towns etc within the EU you need one or you will be fined or you will not be allowed to enter :dont know:

Out of interest does anybody know which category our 20 years plus cars come under? the document that I downloaded shows 1 to 5 plus "non classes". I have a feeling we are in the "non classes" due to age but would like to know.

Thanks for any feed back.

ATB :)

RAC says...

The Crit'Air initiatives applies to all cars, motorbikes and lorries and affects both French residents and foreign drivers - although if you have a particularly old car that does not conform to any emissions standards, you won't be eligible for a vignette and you won't be permitted to drive your vehicle during those times when restrictions are imposed.

No doubt with a cash on the spot fine for gullible English tourists.

993s cannot get a crit air pass. They are in the gap between 'classic' Exemption and the lower emissions newer cars.
If you are passing through the city areas affected and stick to motorways you should be fine.
Grenoble is a possible exception.
My self I'd just plead ignorance if stopped. YMMV
J

With editions of these plot as of now ready for action in Paris, Lyon and Grenoble, it's been uncovered drivers going like carpet cleaner service will likewise need to show one of the counter contamination stickers inside only half a month.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back