Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Selling the Porsche

sja360

I've read various posts on here over the years about people asking whether to sell.

I wanted to know if anyone regretted selling, not necessarily because their previous car went up in price but more so that they missed the Porsche.

I myself am considering selling but the original plan when buying just under 3 years ago was to keep it long term. Currently it's under used. Another reason is it could free up £20-25k and allow some refurbishment of the house + extension.

We currently have a 2 year old and there are plans in 2-3 years to have another and I'm not seeing how I'm going to get a good use out of it. I originally had thoughts of eurotrips.

Any advice on the above is appreciated

I think that it would depend it if is a car that is easy to replace, should circumstances change

I've sold several cars over the years, one or two of which I'd put huge effort in to - i.e. heavily modded. Never missed any of them for one moment. Not because they were bad cars, but because they were all much less important than the reasons for sale.
I can see why you'd hesitate to sell something very rare, but otherwise they are just lumps of metal. Some people give names to their cars, "pah!" I say.

Sell. Invest in your house. Guide price quoted suggests you have a 996 NA car.
Plenty around. Uncertainty around Brexit, general softening of prices and financial uncertainty looking out next 5 years or so means prices likely to be suppressed for a good while.

Release the cash in the car that isn't getting used.

Cars come and go, family more important IMHO

I had to sell a nearly new car 2 years ago to help fund a house move.
Bought a cheaper but still nice Beemer, thus freeing up some money.

Moved into the new house, did a bit of work on it, drove the Beemer for 18 months and 20 plus K miles.

18 months on, sold the Beemer, bought a used Porshce for a bit less than what I sold mine and happy days.

So yeh, you can always get back into one at a later date, it's not the end of the world and it might help you spend the freed up cash wisely, given the knowlege that youve sold off your "mans asset" to achieve it :)

cheshire911 said:
Sell. Invest in your house. Guide price quoted suggests you have a 996 NA car.
Plenty around. Uncertainty around 911uk, general softening of prices and financial uncertainty looking out next 5 years or so means prices likely to be suppressed for a good while.

Release the cash in the car that isn't getting used.

It's a 2007 997 Carrera 4S. I guess it's with a sad heart that I'd have to sell it. I don't name the car haha but I did save up for a good 3-5 years while working away alot to get it. I'd be tempted to jump into a 996 if I could afford it in the future.

I've also quit working offshore so salary ashore won't ever be the same as I'm changing career path.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back