Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Today's work

FZP

I had a few jobs to do around the house today, but they took an unexpected back seat to 911 cleaning time. I had to move the 911 out of the garage for a couple of hours on Thursday whilst I did some building work. During that time it rained and got covered in crap, so decided to wash it before putting the cover back on.
Started on the inside as it was a bit dusty and had been a while since I cleaned the glass in the back. I'm no giant, but it's tight back there. Wiped down all the leather and plastics, then have it a good vacuum. Scrubs up alright.
Washed the car and then found my misplaced Clay bar. Happy days, and thought, righto, might as well. The first time I clay barred the car, every panel was filthy. I generally do it every 6 months, but it's probably been a year this time. Interestingly, the left side of the car was worse than the right. I'm assuming as that's where most of the muck accumulates in wet weather. The smoothness of the paint when it's done right is rather addictive. Makes the next stage of using the Autoglym Super resin polish significantly easier too.
I finally used another product that makes the paint hydrophobic and super smooth. Not having a rear wiper, I use RainX on all the glass excluding the front. I don't like the chatter of the wiper when it's wearing thin, and you only know about it when it rains. Generally get home, say I'll do it later to only be annoyed the next time it rains when I haven't done it.
I'd normally take a few pics, but in the dull grey light, on a silver car, it's futile. So its back on with the Porsche car cover and feel rather satisfied with my work.
Now that I've done that job, next is to paint the disc hats and wheel bolts silver as they're not looking their best. Whilst the wheels are off I'd like to give the wheel wells a good clean.
All done to the soundtrack of my fave tunes playlist. A rather nice way to spend a Sunday I say.

FZP said:
I had a few jobs to do around the house today, but they took an unexpected back seat to 911 cleaning time. I had to move the 911 out of the garage for a couple of hours on Thursday whilst I did some building work. During that time it rained and got covered in crap, so decided to wash it before putting the cover back on.
Started on the inside as it was a bit dusty and had been a while since I cleaned the glass in the back. I'm no giant, but it's tight back there. Wiped down all the leather and plastics, then have it a good vacuum. Scrubs up alright.
Washed the car and then found my misplaced Clay bar. Happy days, and thought, righto, might as well. The first time I clay barred the car, every panel was filthy. I generally do it every 6 months, but it's probably been a year this time. Interestingly, the left side of the car was worse than the right. I'm assuming as that's where most of the muck accumulates in wet weather. The smoothness of the paint when it's done right is rather addictive. Makes the next stage of using the Autoglym Super resin polish significantly easier too.
I finally used another product that makes the paint hydrophobic and super smooth. Not having a rear wiper, I use RainX on all the glass excluding the front. I don't like the chatter of the wiper when it's wearing thin, and you only know about it when it rains. Generally get home, say I'll do it later to only be annoyed the next time it rains when I haven't done it.
I'd normally take a few pics, but in the dull grey light, on a silver car, it's futile. So its back on with the Porsche car cover and feel rather satisfied with my work.
Now that I've done that job, next is to paint the disc hats and wheel bolts silver as they're not looking their best. Whilst the wheels are off I'd like to give the wheel wells a good clean.
All done to the soundtrack of my fave tunes playlist. A rather nice way to spend a Sunday I say.

:thumb: But how can you just clay :grin: The satisfaction of giving a go over with the DA polisher is amazing. Herman White is first on the agenda when I get home. Re the hats, what paint do you use, I like that idea, perfection is required. But with the wheel off, arches clean is surely required ✅

:?

1. Car out of garage.
3. Car cleaned.
4. Car put back in garage.

What happened to 2 :?:

You know, the bit involving a bit of :drive:

Perhaps you'd be better off with a 993. :grin:

T8 said:
:?

1. Car out of garage.
3. Car cleaned.
4. Car put back in garage.

What happened to 2 :?:

You know, the bit involving a bit of :drive:

Perhaps you'd be better off with a 993. :grin:
Did the driving on Sat :thumb: Even had the pleasure of running into one Zingari and his new Italian.
My car is far from a garage queen, although do enjoy giving it a good clean.

spongebob squarepants said:
FZP said:

:thumb: But how can you just clay :grin: The satisfaction of giving a go over with the DA polisher is amazing. Herman White is first on the agenda when I get home. Re the hats, what paint do you use, I like that idea, perfection is required. But with the wheel off, arches clean is surely required ✅

Mate I've never used a DA. Always dine it by hand. Love to see the before and after when you've done yours.
As for the pain, I remember being guided along the hammerite grey route as it's close to the original Porsche colour rather than a bright silver that are available.

FZP said:
Did the driving on Sat :thumb: Even had the pleasure of running into one Zingari and his new Italian.
My car is far from a garage queen, although do enjoy giving it a good clean.

And what a surprise when you parked in that empty space behind me!

I find a Boy's Scout is good for cleaning the inside of the back window - don't see many about these days though. Janette Krankie could be worth a shout when's she back from India :thumb:

I had to Google Janette, but she looks ideal.

I use a couple of local girl guides for doing my interior although they insist I go topless when they're doing my rear :oops:

FZP said:
I had to Google Janette, but she looks ideal.

Fandabidozi :thumb:

:coat:

FZP said:

Always on the lookout out for some new sounds and interested to know whats on people Playlists?

Theres some threads on here about it if you search.

Pretzel said:
FZP said:

Always on the lookout out for some new sounds and interested to know whats on people Playlists?
If someone can tell me how to export title and artist from a YouTube playlist, I'll bung it up here. I can only see how to publish the link.

alex yates said:
Theres some threads on here about it if you search.

There are indeed Alex, and as a result of some of your previous recommendations I now have Benjamin Schoos amongst others on my playlist.

But still always interested to here other peoples choices as I find its a good way to listen to tracks that I wouldn't normally choose.

My money is on Alex having "Pull up to my bumper baby" on his list :grin:

:thumbs:

Currently giving this some hammer:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back